Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putting it all together

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Cont....from my other thread.

The suit really isn't that aqua....it was my mistake for taking the pic in my apartment by a yellow light. When you look at it in the sun, it looks like a very dark gray. You can see the hint of green, but it's not as bad as in the pic, I don't think anyway.

I'll take another pic in the sun.

As for the matching. I see a few pics on here where the guys are wearing dark blue suits with brown shoes and brown fedoras. It looks pretty good to me.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
On the town mixed.
1mroony6.gif

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
BTW, is that mickey rooney and judy garland in that one picture?

Back on subject, I was looking at the "show us your suits" thread. Is it a faux pas to wear a matching jacket and vest, but separate pants?

How about tweed pants with a pinstripe jacket?

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
It was quite common for men to wear jacket and vest with palm beach trousers. I have a suit from 1927 that I bought from Art Fawcett, the day I bought it bought it the trousers were stolen at the show!!! but no worries, I wear it with my Palm Beach trousers and then... no problem.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
As long as the plaid compliments the stripe in some way, and they are of the same scale (you can see above that the stripes are about the same spread as the lines in the plaid) it can work.

When matching two stripes the stripes need to be different in scale. I have my camera back up and runnig so I'll show more photos soon.

MKL

A-List Customer
Hi Matt,

Your hat in your avator is a beauty. On my computer the ribbon has an orange tint. Is it? What is the shape of the crown? What are the measurements - crown, brim, and ribbon? What is the label? Got a close up shot of it? It really is a great looking hat!

Thanks.

MKL

MKL

A-List Customer
Matt,

Yes, I would like to see a thread on the hat. Or better yet, just send me the hat!!!! :)

mkl

Wild Root

Gone Home
That is a nice hat I must say. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s funny how some don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t realize that in the late 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and early 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s they had some great color combos! I have a dark brown Dobbs that has a dark orange ribbon and a matching bound edge. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a super hat! Also have an Olive green Stetson with the same colored ribbon and bound edge! Love those color combos!

WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21