Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question - Leaving for Romania to represent USA for Olympic Table Tennis

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hello Gents!

It has been a while since I last posted and since that time I have become history's first ever athlete to actively compete with Parkinson's Disease on the Olympic/Paralympic level. I was diagnosed 3 years ago with Parkinson's at the age of 39 and I was also born with a heart condition that has required 5 life threatening open heart surgeries and a mechanical heart. I wasn't expected to live past my infancy nor survive my heart surgeries but I'm still here and I've dedicated my life to inspiring people thru my motivational talks and by playing table tennis which has greatly improved both my Parkinson's and heart conditions.

Tomorrow I make history as I travel to Romania to represent the USA and represent Parkinson's people worldwide as the first ever athlete to actively compete with Parkinson's on this level of competition. I will do my best to bring home a gold medal to the USA, though in all honesty, representing the USA and playing the sport of table tennis to inspire folks to play this game for good health... THAT is my true gold medal which I've already won.

This is my first trip to Romania and I was curious to know if any of you happen to know if Romania is a good place to buy leather jackets? I will be staying in the city of Cluj, capital of Transylvania. If any of you happen to know of any reputable leather jacket brands in Romania, please let me know.

Thank you, Gents! All has been well with me otherwise, and I'm still enjoying my two Aero jackets, though the weather is now too hot to wear them. :)

Navin062016.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic! Excellent work Naveen and our thoughts and prayers will indeed go with you!

As for Jackets, not too sure over there, I hear the Aero Grand Theft Sale in Scotland is August 20th, maybe you could travel there around that time?

@Navin323i - great to hear this! Very proud of you. My father in law has Parkinson's and I can't imagine how hard you have to work to get to this stage!
Best of luck. I don't think I've ever been able to say that I know an Olympian before.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Safe travels.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Inspirational story, indeed. Best of luck on your international endeavor, and even if you don't win a medal, the experience alone will be the amazing.
Thanks Scotty!! I agree with you completely... the experience alone in representing an entire country as well as Parkinson's patients on a worldwide level... THAT is my true medal that I've already won. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Fantastic! Excellent work Naveen and our thoughts and prayers will indeed go with you!

As for Jackets, not too sure over there, I hear the Aero Grand Theft Sale in Scotland is August 20th, maybe you could travel there around that time?

Thanks my friend!! Great to know about that Aero sale... thanks for letting me know!! :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
@Navin323i - great to hear this! Very proud of you. My father in law has Parkinson's and I can't imagine how hard you have to work to get to this stage!
Best of luck. I don't think I've ever been able to say that I know an Olympian before.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Safe travels.

Great to hear from you, my friend!! God Bless your father in law. Feel free to share with him my feature articles if they help to inspire him. My goal is to help fellow Parkinson's sufferers to realize that staying as physically active as possible can help slow the progression of the disease and also improve Parkinson's symptoms as has been the case with me.

I'll definitely keep you all posted. In fact, you can possibly see my Romania table tennis matches streamed on the internet on the main Paralympic table tennis website...

http://www.ipttc.org/

Hopefully I'll progress far enough in the competition that my matches will be shown worldwide. :)

Wishing you all the very best of good health!

Navin

plainsman

Familiar Face
Good luck! Romania is quite nice country to visit. Several towns with old city centers and the touristy "castle of Dracula")) also monasteries in the east of the country

Congratulations don't seem adequate, Navin! You are to be admired by all of us, Sir, not to mention wished for nothing but success in Romania and beyond. Personally, I would forgo the jacket if Romanian PASTRAMI is on the agenda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112