• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Quirky things that people have done 'in the day' that people would gasp at today..

Discussion in 'The Home Front Woman' started by Lollipop, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Great Stories!

WOW! these are so true! I agree with AtomicEraTom; we "drove" all around town! on dad's lap!
    My Dad gave my brother & I baths together when he had to look after us while mom was working at the coffee shop!there sas never anything thought as weird or immoral of that!
    in-so-far-as the Menses "Wives' Tales" I rember it was Late Spring/Early Summer 1977 Renoldsburg,Ohio My then husband & I had relocated to Ohio after he got out of the Service out here in CA. I was about 4 or 5 noths pregnant.We went to go visit his Grandfather who was living with his daughter & son-in-law. it was a "family day" (sunday afternoon with everyone over) the 3 daughters & myself were "out at the garden" so they were barefooted bent over pulling up seedling weeds so I started to take off my shoes when the one daughter touched my arm & said "not us;your prgenant & I'm on my period.We can't go into the garden" I looked at her like she had 3 heads!"WHAT?why?" having grown up with a "farmer" father I'd never heard of such a "crazy thing" as soon as I got home I called dad up out here in CA I asked him if he'd ever heard of such a thing he said he had "years ago" people thought that if a menestrating woman was in the gardent it would "taint" the crops because of the "iron & acid" imbalance in their system during that time As for the pregnant woman the earth would be too much on the child & cause her to miscarry!.....Now, the miscarry thing 1/2 right! the bending and pulling on a 2 term woman COULD cause premature contractions however........the other one?not so much! pffeff! lol :p :p Craziness!

2. Heidi Crabtree

Heidi Crabtree New in Town

Just writing a Thank You card is unusual today. Whenever I write one I always get the comment that they haven't received one of those in ages.