Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rain bonnets?

Heather

Practically Family
I did a search but can't seem to come up with anything. As I've gotten into doing sets, I've been thinking about taking it another step and start wearing a "little old lady" plastic rain bonnet. I have an umbrella but I'd still like that extra protection. ;) I haven't been able to find them at any of the stores I've looked. Do they even make them anymore?

zendy

A-List Customer
If you do a goole search for "rain bonnet" you will find a gazillion, I think I've even seen them at Sally's. But look at this!
Upcycled from a broken umbrella. Too cute!

crwritt

One Too Many
That's the kind of thing Marge Simpson wears to bed. I particularly like the Petal Hat, but I don't think I want to spend $22 on one.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Of course, be prepared... my google search for rain bonnets brought up something about fetish rain gear. Fetish rain gear?? Who knew? And I thought one had to be careful searching for seamed stockings and garter belts! Rain gear?

And Zendy, that is cute. And it's weird... I have the exact same dress as the girl in the photo. But I got mine at Goodwill (might be the same dress!).

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Wire9Vintage said:
Of course, be prepared... my google search for rain bonnets brought up something about fetish rain gear. Fetish rain gear?? Who knew? And I thought one had to be careful searching for seamed stockings and garter belts! Rain gear?

You can point to any item in the Sears catalog, and someone, somewhere wants to go to bed with it. Such a world we live in.

As far as rain bonnets go, I've never had trouble finding them at any Wal Mart/K-Mart-type discount chain or at any drugstore. The cheap cellophane ones aren't as good as the vinyl ones that have a bit of structure to them -- the best kind have a back that comes down far enough to cover loose-hanging just-below-the-shoulder-length hair.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Over here you can often find them in little corner shop type drugstores. I've got a clear one with white polkadots that I adore!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Wire9Vintage said:

I don't mean to be unladylike but I supect the rain gear is used with an altogther different kind of liquid in the fetish world....ehem...

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
The scandinavians can get rain bonnets (and shower caps) at Matas, a great store for old lady necessities. Here's mine:
l_12bd6c45ccf64708a8344e03bd2078e4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112