Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ration Book Fashion Exhibit in Paris

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but if you're near Paris, you can go check out this exhibit. It runs through November 15.

Ration-book chic goes on show in Paris
Exhibition reveals how women in the fashion capital ingeniously stayed stylish under Nazi occupation

As the recession takes its toll on women's wardrobes, France's frugal fashionistas are scavenging for ideas from one of the most intriguing Paris exhibitions of the year.

The museum of the resistance hero Jean Moulin is hosting France's first exhibition of fashion trends of women under the Nazi occupation. The collection of more than 400 *accessories – from hats made from scraps of cellophane to cosmetics that made bare legs look like stockings – tells the story of Paris's dark years between 1940 and 1944.

More here.

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Oh wow! I would absolutely adore going to this! Alas though, it looks like a hoped for trip to that part of Europe isn't going to be happening this year. ;) Maybe they'll have an exhibit catalog available (though it'll probably cost a small fortune...)?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wonderful! I'm going to try to go to this :cheers1: I was trolling around for fashion exhibits, and this looks fab. If they let me, I'll take pics and post them.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Lauren said:
Wonderful! I'm going to try to go to this :cheers1: I was trolling around for fashion exhibits, and this looks fab. If they let me, I'll take pics and post them.

Oh, Lauren, that would be fabulous! Hope you can go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff