Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
~*Red*~ said:
I adore ReMix shoes, especially for dancing in! I wear a size 8 normally and I have a wide foot at the ball, the strap type shoes never work well for me, but the more enclosed shoes are perfect, and it all has to do with the fact they stretch so much. For instance, I recently bought a pair of Gloria's and I had to tighten the back strap two holes by the end of the night! My Open Toed Spectators stretched as well, but they are easy to tighten with the laces. My next pair might just be the Greta's for the simple reason that they stretch and tighten good enough with laces.

Red, I just checked out the Greta and the Spectator. Because of a disability I have to wear tie shoes like those in my avatar. Does the Spectator provide a lot of support?

I'd love to have the Spectator in solid colors. Do you know if Remix does special orders?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Lovely Leah said:
Red, I just checked out the Greta and the Spectator. Because of a disability I have to wear tie shoes like those in my avatar. Does the Spectator provide a lot of support?

I'd love to have the Spectator in solid colors. Do you know if Remix does special orders?

Leah, I think if you can wear the shoes in your avatar, the spectators should be just fine! My feet never hurt, I think also, the wedge is a smaller heel height or maybe it helps with the platform.

I *think* I saw a solid black last time I went there in June, but I maybe thinking of a brown/black one.
I don't know if they do special orders as they get them made in Mexico, but, I do know that they model theirs from actual vintage shoes, so you might want to ask. It never hurts anyway!

Good Luck!:)

kerry

One of the Regulars
kerry said:
Sorry, not really about Remix shoes but about shoes. I want to get a pair of the aris allen rugcutters for everday wear but cant decide between red or white? I have size uk7 feet and quite thin ankles, will the white make my feet look huge?
Now my husband has thrown black into the equation too, he says black shoes are more veratile and practical.
I really cant decide?
Kerry

kerry

One of the Regulars
Sorry, me again. I really need help deciding which colour shoes to buy. has anyone seen the rugcutters in all colours and can give me their opinion on which colour they look best in. They would be for everday wear with dresses and skirts. Sorry, I promise this is the last time I will mention them:eek:

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
kerry said:
Sorry, me again. I really need help deciding which colour shoes to buy. has anyone seen the rugcutters in all colours and can give me their opinion on which colour they look best in. They would be for everday wear with dresses and skirts. Sorry, I promise this is the last time I will mention them:eek:

I live near LA and have been to the remix store so I could tell you but I cannot find the style online to jolt my memory of what the shoe looks like, if I had a link I could give you some insight on the colors.

kerry

One of the Regulars
BakingInPearls said:
I live near LA and have been to the remix store so I could tell you but I cannot find the style online to jolt my memory of what the shoe looks like, if I had a link I could give you some insight on the colors.
Oh sorry, :eusa_doh: They are Aris Allen Rugcutters. http://www.dancestore.com/1aarugcutter-leath.html. They also come in red. I just happened to post under remix rather than start another thread at the time.
Kerry

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Yes, black is a staple! My problem is with my addiction to anything red, I have too many red shoes and not enough black! ha ha!

kerry

One of the Regulars
Thanks ladies, I phoned a dance store in uk yesterday and they stock them:eusa_clap Just got to convince hubby that I need another pair of shoes, well two actually as Ive seen a pair in Clarks that are lovely and would go so well with a handbag I bought recently. Any tips on persuading husbands?:D

~*Red*~

Practically Family
hee hee.. get him something he wants the same day you shop for yours..works for me!;) They like presents too! hee hee

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not a good fit for me!

Honey Doll said:
Can anyone tell me if the babydolls run true to size. I'm usually a 7. I emailed the folks at Remix and they said they run true, but some will go up 1/2 because the of the rounded toe.

I'm infamous for ordering things online, finding they don't fit and then never returning....

Honey Doll

I have size 6 1/2 to 7 very wide feet, so I ordered the baby dolls in 7 1/2 (usually the right thing to do to get the width) but they were impossible to get into! So I sent them back and got the 8s. I can wear them but they are not comfortable, which is a shame because they are the ultimate red shoes of my dreams.
I am probably going to put them up here in the Classifieds at some point, they just are not feasible. I have to be able to at least stand around with a cocktail, and even that is pretty much torture. Something about the arch of my foot and the shoe being such different sizes.

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
if you talk to Phil or Phillip when ordering mention my name peter loggins, or that you saw the link on my site peterandmia.com and that you know me through dancing and he will give you 10% off, it's not a lot but it covers the tax etc...

for anyone thinking about a cheaper shoe....you get what ya pay for.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I LOVE the spectators and the peep-toe with the bow. My funds are so short right now that I can't even think about buying them. (master bathroom toilet just fell through the ceiling, but at least I get a new bathroom out of it). I just keep them bookmarked and drool over them. I'm a sucker for spectators!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
lonestarcasie said:
I live in LA, but this weekend I am going to be near the Remix store and I might go in to try on. Even if I don't get any this time, at least I will get a better idea of the fit. I know you can return, but it always freaks me out to buy something so expensive online when the fit isn't standard.

I just hope I don't drown the place in my drool. Those shoes are so stinking cute!

Oh that place is heaven! I shed a tear of joy everytime I go in there. I usually go for my birthday. hee hee

~*Red*~

Practically Family
kamikat said:
I LOVE the spectators and the peep-toe with the bow. My funds are so short right now that I can't even think about buying them. (master bathroom toilet just fell through the ceiling, but at least I get a new bathroom out of it). I just keep them bookmarked and drool over them. I'm a sucker for spectators!

Yikes!! But like you said... a new bathroom.. and that is a little piece of heaven right there, eh? lol

The Spectators are my FAVORITE! I have them in red and white, and I love them the most! ANd I ahve the white peptoes with bows and they are just the most darling shoes on, but not to dance in. My feet slide too much in them for dancing and the leather stretches and I am not on the tightest hole for the buckle. I also end up kicking the bows off while dancing...so they are now my "look at my cute feet" shoes. The ones I want to get next are the Greta's.. in red. I'm hoing they will do better for dancing...but so far, the spectators are the best....ahhh.... remix... how I love thee....lol :rolleyes: :D

Miss 1929

Yikes!

kamikat said:

Vintage home-owner's nightmare!!!

Miss_Bella_Hell

They seem to have a bunch of new styles, new to me at least. Anyone been keeping up?
cococherry.gif

promenadegrey.gif

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
They seem to have a bunch of new styles, new to me at least. Anyone been keeping up?

I was just in the store last Saturday and they did have several new styles that I don't see on the website yet - they were more in the 1930s style, w/a modest heel, walking shoe type. I didn't see any new 1940s ones, but noticed some of the wedge heels come in suede as well as leather; the "Greta" was one I think. They also had the spectator pump in a sort of gold metalic, and a baby doll pump in hot pink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ