Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproducing a sweater

pipvh

Practically Family
I have a brilliant old 50s sweater that used to belong to my father. It's seen far, far better days - in fact if I didn't guard it jealously it would have been used to polish the car years ago...

My question is this: does anyone know of a place or person that would take this old relic and duplicate it? I've asked my local knitting places (in rural Vermont knitting is THE hip thing at the moment) and met with blank incomprehension. I finally found out that there was someone who used to do it, but she doesn't any more (the implication being that it had more or less destroyed her life - I kid you not. You'd have thought I'd been soliciting these knitters to pose for a nude centerfold. Am I missing something?). SO I thought I'd see if the Lounge's collective wisdom could save my sweater. Any ideas?

carter

I'll Lock Up
I hope you get a good lead(s) from this thread. I've been looking for a sweater like my Dad had when he was in high school. It was a pullover with what I believe is best described as a 'boatneck".

GOOD LUCK! :) :) :)

pipvh

Practically Family
I'll try - try being the operative word - to post a pic tomorrow. It's not a fancy sweater, actually quite simple: black with red bands, shirt collar, very classic late 50s. Possibly just a bit of old tat, but not to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21