Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, the moment almost no one was waiting for! I found some great vintage vegetable ivory buttons for these pants...
IMG_2196.jpg

flat-top

Picked up this beauty today! Made by What Comes Around Goes Around, which is a vintage store in NY that now makes repros. The list price was $190, but Century 21 had it for $69.99, then marked it down to $49.99 and I got a 20% off coupon online so this was just $40. I'm pretty happy about this!
IMG_2586.jpg

H.Johnson

One Too Many
They are nice. I have had a pair of 'Takus' by Denime in the same pattern for many years. Made in Japan, of course and in brown duck denim.

UK loungers may know that The Vintage Shirt Company does a version of the ubiquitous British 1940s-style blue cotton drill work short work jacket for a reasonable price (compared to say, Tin House, that is).

BellyTank said:
US Army dungarees- nice.

B
T

mike

Call Me a Cab
Salt & Pepper Work Pants

Boy do originals really go for a lot of money! Anyone interested in these? Have a pair? Interested in reproductions..? :)

i2-1.jpg

o3.jpg

flat-top

I'd love a repro pair?? Know of any good ones??
I actually have a great salt & pepper chin strap jacket by RRL from the early 90's that's pretty killer.

mike

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
I see that Mike's picture is from www.e-workers.net.
And of course it's in Japanese!

You bet! Available for order as of yesterday! I have never ordered from him before, but he accepts paypal/US orders. I'm a big fan of his schtuff! Killer-Goriller indeed!

flat-top

mike said:
You bet! Available for order as of yesterday! I have never ordered from him before, but he accepts paypal/US orders. I'm a big fan of his schtuff! Killer-Goriller indeed!
Am I reading right? $160?
How do you order? I wouldn't even know where to click!

mike

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
Am I reading right? $160?
How do you order? I wouldn't even know where to click!

Although he hasn't written back to me in the last few weeks, he has always been available and easy to speak with about sizing and stuff in the past through his email address: order@e-workers.net

I'm still kicking myself for letting one of those club collared, polkadot work shirts slip through my fingers a few months ago! Arrgh.

mike

Call Me a Cab
I just have reproduction stuff, some of my friends here in NYC have a bunch of great original stuff but aren't on here. I think you could include back belted/action backed leather jackets in the vintage work wear category, would you agree?
I have a problem chasing, acquiring and then wearing original work wear as from my experience, a lot of it is almost ready to fall apart and you feel like you're wearing a museum piece. Rarely have I felt that way about suits though [huh]

mike

Call Me a Cab
japanese repro, but still really cool in how weird it is in my opinion to be redoing vintage company's brands....
204684941_o.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:
OOH I dig those! Are they still available?

I believe they were made by the company behind Buzz Rickson, etc. I just picked em up off of ebay, I have never seen them before though so I'm not sure what season they're from [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko