Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Reproduction" RCAF Observer Parachute Harness and Pack Tray

B-24J

One of the Regulars
I had an old 1960's RCAF Observer harness with grubby green webbing and missing its back pad.

Harness-Before

I sent it off to The Rigger Depot (https://www.theriggerdepot.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html) to replace the old green webbing with white and black fleck. Also, a new back pad for that WWII look.

Harness-After

Harness-Back

Great job by The Rigger Depot!

I also bought their Observer pack tray (no parachute inside of course).

Observ-Repro-1

Observ-Repro-2

Observ-Repro-3

The Rigger Depot was terrific to work with.

I am donating the harness and pack to a museum for young re-enactors to use and for display.

GJ nord

Familiar Face
you must have a fair amount of money, to cough up that much n just to give it away..... what museum it going to?

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Hi GJ Nord,

Actually, compared to original WWII kit, the price is very reasonable.

They were donated to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum at Mount Hope, Ontario - the Hamilton International Airport. A fantastic place to visit! Check out their website sometime (www.warplane.com). They do great work educating young people and the general public about the history of aviation in general and the RCAF during WWII in particular.

Donating some items to help teach another generation of history enthusiasts is the least I can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ