Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick Deckard coat Blade Runner

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Bit expensive.
http://www.mpmcostumes.com/site/72.asp?catID=144

BLADERUNDeckard%20Front%20FullnMAIN.JPG

blade_runner.jpg

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
I've always wanted that coat and the next time (ok the first time) I have that kind of dough I'd like to get one. What style of hat would look best with this coat?

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
I don't think so. There are so many changes that would have to be made it would be better to just start from scratch. I don't even think most trenchcoats are made from the same material (cotten twill). I asked the tailors over at the Magic Waredrobe about the Decker coat last year and they gave me a quote of around $700.00. The only thing I see wrong with this one is I thought the coat had three narrow straps around the wrists. It looks like this one has two wide ones. Is that true or am I just seeing things again?

Mycroft

One Too Many
CoffeeDude said:
I don't think so. There are so many changes that would have to be made it would be better to just start from scratch. I don't even think most trenchcoats are made from the same material (cotten twill). I asked the tailors over at the Magic Waredrobe about the Decker coat last year and they gave me a quote of around $700.00. The only thing I see wrong with this one is I thought the coat had three narrow straps around the wrists. It looks like this one has two wide ones. Is that true or am I just seeing things again?

Can't tell, sorry. Wow, thougth a tailor would be a BIT cheaper.

Feraud

Bartender
I love that trenchcoat and have been waiting for a long time for someone to make them. I will not pay approx. $1,000.00USD for it!
That is just highway robbery....

zeus36

A-List Customer
MrBern said:
btw, I think I prefer Roy's black leather trenchcoat....

Ditto !

Deckard's outfit is pretty '80's... look at the skinny tie.

In the photo it looks like he is wearing one of those Urban Cowboy colorful shirts under that trench.

zeus36

A-List Customer
I made the mistake of showing the director's cut of Blade Runner to my girlfriend(who has zero interest in Sci-Fi and had never seen the film) and when it was over, she gave me that sideways look and said "well that was SO eighties....and a waste of two hours...; why would they be wearing '80's clothes in the future?"

I finally got her out to see Revenge of the Sith which she mostly enjoyed. She was chuckling and cringing during the "love" scenes and a lot of Hayden's lines.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Its funny... At the time, Bladerunner bombed in the theaters. But it grabbed a cult audience who appreciated a sci-fi film noir. And all thru the 80s & 90s, every once in a while some fash mag would run pics of a new designer touting Bladerunner as an influence.
I have to admit that at the time, I was a lot more impressed by RoadWarrior. A different cop on a different beat in the same crappy future.

Funny that he wears no headgear tho its constantly raining. Perhaps to reflect how hats seemed to wither away post JFK?
-b

swinggal

One Too Many
I loved Blade Runner when I saw it the first time (I was 14), still do. Great story and soundtrack and the grittyness of it was refreshing. A movie that is amongst my favourites.

"Why would people be wearing 80s clothes in the future" haha...that's funnee. Take a look at last years fashion, all 80s crap!! Fashion runs in cycles anyway. Seems that every 25 to 30 years things return...whether they were stylish or not.

matei

One Too Many
Deckard's shirt is certainly interesting.

I have a shirt just like this, but it isn't from the future - it is from Romania. Never did I realise that I was sporting something futuristic...

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Yes, that was one of the most long sought-after coats from film history. Abbey Shot did a replica, then the guys from the RPF tore it to pieces with a lot of recommondations. They then remade it with the new info, and I think their latest version is probably the best one available. I was thinking of tackling this replica myself, but the fans are quite obsessive about the details, making it a fairly daunting project. Abbey Shot seems to have done a good job with this one...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Flitcraft

One Too Many
That does look pretty good!
I'm curious- what the heck is "Mercury Cloth"? Maybe something like Grenfell, or ventile, maybe?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you read the October news letter (found at the bottom of the home page) it gives you a little more information about the two versions they offer.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk