Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick Deckard coat Blade Runner

Rachael

A-List Customer
let me know what you'd like to see; there are dozens of shots and I don't want to take over the thread..

many are on my myspace page and website as well.

Charlie Noodles

A-List Customer
Rachael said:
let me know what you'd like to see; there are dozens of shots and I don't want to take over the thread..

many are on my myspace page and website as well.

Don't worry about it. I checked out your site. It really puts those other ones to shame.

No one seems to have mentioned making his woven silk jacket. I wonder how difficult that would be?

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Charlie Noodles said:
No one seems to have mentioned making his woven silk jacket. I wonder how difficult that would be?

I've got the right material to do it (a raw silk), and plenty of shots to get the pattern down right... the only problem is the color. It's a bit odd, so that will be hard to match up right.

Kind regards,
Indy

Rachael

A-List Customer
yes, the jacket is always skipped, and often unnoticed. We had to forego it in the first run due to time constraints, and went with a jacket in a similar fabric that was lying around. It is on my short list currently, just a matter of finding silk in the right shade.

... yeah, what Indy said...

TM

A-List Customer
Rachael,

Why don't you and Indy get together and sell these coats? You've done the research and made the prototype, Indy could do the production, and you could split the millions of dollars in profits!

Anyway, great job on the coat!

Tony

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Charlie Noodles said:
Ever seen anyone try to do a Gaff costume?

The trickiest part would be learning origami!

2836994999_17f1134b7d.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
Rachel-

Fantastic job!

I have dropped of this site, but ones of these Halloweens, my wife and I will actually do the Deckard/Rachel costume. Not this one, as we are travelling.

Curious, have you thought about selling the coat and/or shirt?

The shirt looks great, and yes, Magnoli, for the right price, I would be interested.

I still need to solve the holster issue....

Rachael

A-List Customer
Thanks for all the feedback on the coat! It's always good to hear opinions on a project, even better when they're compliments. I do have a website if you're interested in having something made. The tricky part about the shirt is finding the right fabric. You can see the copy I made in my close-up of the coat collar, I understand that Indy will be offering a screen accurate version.

Mr. John Smith

New in Town
I don't get to post as often as I would like (I rarely have time to sleep!), but I will say this:

That has got to be hands down one of the nicest coats I've seen in some time, regardless of the dead-on Bladerunner look. You should be proud!

Rachael

A-List Customer
Went shopping today, and found this:

fabric.jpg

it's a worsted wool instead of silk but it has the same hand as a silk noile, and the texture and color are great. The herringbone is so subtle I didn't even notice it until I took the picture. I may use the reverse to get a more random texture

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Rachael said:
"...it has the same hand as..."

I love that phrase, it's very descriptive.

And your Deckard Trench Coat is wonderful. I've had the same five overcoats for the last few years and I think it's about time to add one....

nevadapd

Familiar Face
After reading here, I find I'm interested in this (Deckard's) trench coat too. I checked Magnoli Clothiers and it looks like a very nice version is available: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/deckard-trenchcoat-overcoats-p-286.html . Did Rachael and Indy Magnoli wind up collaborating on this? I must say the design is right up there with the best trenchcoat designs of the 20th century IMO.

Also, does anyone know why Philip K. Dick's work wound up translating so well to film? "Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep?" was but one of several of his stories to be made into films, and most of them are good, again IMO. Perhaps he was just a great plot-meister.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112