Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Vintage style pants bagged (Photos)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just showing that there are still modern makers out there producing 'vintage inspired' clothing. Ralph Lauren can blow 'hot and cold' at times, but certainly with these bags, they 'have it in the bag!!' They are a faithful homage to the Golden Era.

Good heavy weight cotton with herringbone weave in black and cream.

Clinched them on Edward B's and Matt Deckard who saw them in London seemed to like them, so they can't be 'that bad!!' [huh]

So...these things are out there if you are patient and keep an eye out!! & a bit of luck too.

RalphLaurenPants009.jpg

RalphLaurenPants008.jpg

RalphLaurenPants007.jpg

RalphLaurenPants004.jpg

RalphLaurenPants005.jpg

RalphLaurenPants003.jpg

RalphLaurenPants001.jpg

RalphLaurenPants006.jpg

The real Henry

Practically Family
Very cool Paddy!!!:eek: The drape looks simply great.

Now if the cuffs would be a little bit wider these trousers would be perfect.

I also like the idea of using cotton fabrics that look like wool, because they don't have to be dry cleaned, do they?

Regards,
Henrik

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Road to Perdition II

In our next instalment of the classic 1930s gangster flic we star newcomer James Powers in the role of....... you got it baby ...you got the job!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Paddy, I have a pair of RL olive wool pants in the EXACT same cut, but I like your herringbone ones more! I like the buttons- they sort of simulate horn or old plastic/bakelite- mine are simple black ones that match the black lining. The rise, like mine, is nice and high, too. The only difference I can see is that my back pockets are both button-through- no pocket flap.
Great buy!

Btw, where did you get your newsie cap? I've been looking for a new one, since I left my brown Donegal cap at JFK Airport and my gray houdstooth Herbert Johnson cap is too small (curse puberty!)

I am only 5'8, but I still prefer to have 2" cuffs...personal preference. My legs look pretty long with high-waisted pants, anyway.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi Ray (from Paddy)

Well Ray, thanks for the comments on the pants. I went for the BIN option when they came up on Edward B's, because I knew the price was a good one. They fit great and I'm loving them!! Sounds like you have a good pair too.
But I never see these in the RL shops [huh]

The newsboy cap was my father's. He passed away and I kept it as a little memento of him (I'm sentimental that way). It's 100 per cent pure wool Donegal Tweed (from Co.Donegal in NW Ireland).

But...I only started wearing it at the beginning of this year when I went to London for the FL Dinner and to meet Matt and Michael. Actually, I wore it with those RL Pants (in this post). I seemed to get generally nice compliments and so I have kept wearing it.

Now, having read the threads on the Gatsby/Newsboy caps and the fact the B-Wear come well recommended as a vintage 'look' styled cap, I might just take the plunge and get one from there. I'd like one that is just 'a tad' bigger to mold around my noggin :)

I'm sure I've seen photos of you Ray sporting your caps, and I remember thinking that you look 'great' in them (I don't think they suit everyone).

Jovan

Suspended
Marc Chevalier said:
Got it! Thanks!

In any case, there are lots of vintage/classic enthusiasts who insist that trouser cuffs must be 1.75 to 2 inches wide. I say that cuff width is best determined by the wearer's own height and girth.

That's my usual cuff width, because I'm both tall and lanky.

Those trousers look wonderful... are they Polo, PL?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21