Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rocketeer jacket

Kent Allard

New in Town
I've been trying to find out what type of jacket Cliff Secord is wearing in "The Rocketeer". It has a leather piece that covers the front of the jacket and buttons on three sides. Anybody have an idea as to what this is?

Thanks,

Kent Allard

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A rocketting barnstorming jacket!

I think it is one of the old 1920's barnstorming jackets that would have been a private purchase.

Not unlike private purchase leather flight jackets as worn by Luftwaffe fighter pilots during WWII.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Had a more definitive pic of Rocketeer jacket..

But not sure where I put it, As it had that triangular config of silver buttons. But I have seen them as private purchast WW2 Luftwaffe jackets on Ebay. You could even ask one of the leather flight jacket manufacturers to make one for you in a nice oil pull horse hide? Aero would probably do that for you!

Mmmm, wonder if they could make me a Jennifer Connolly ...?

Dalexs

Practically Family
I had forgeotten that Wested offered that replica. That really is a very cool looking jacket.
I may have to get one a a motorcyle jacket! I wonder if that helmet is street legal?

Kent Allard

New in Town
Thanks for all the information. That Wested jacket looks perfect. Now to lose about 100 lbs. so I can get one that fits. ;)

up196

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Kent Allard
Now to lose about 100 lbs. . . .
I know a guy who lost 40 pounds at the gym in one day. The exercise machine pulled his leg off.

Kent Allard

New in Town
I'd need to have it pull off both legs and 1/2 an arm, but the jacket still wouldn't fit around my gut. I am working on it thought. Slowly, painfully but still working on it.

Wild Root

Gone Home
The coat that the Rocketeer wore was made just for the movie. However, I did see once a 1930’s double breasted leather coat tike it. It looked very much like the one in the movie and had a label on the inside with a guy on a motorbike. So, originally it was a style that was popular with motorcycle riders. It’s a cool coat! I wish I could find one. Reason why not many were made is because all the buttons one would have to undo to take it off wold take some time. So, that’s one reason why most pilots didn’t wear a coat like it.

Here is a better shot of the coat from a cover of Adventure magazine.

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk