• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Round 2 Beauty Box thread

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by fortworthgal, Jan 2, 2012.

1. fortworthgal

fortworthgal Call Me a Cab

Here we go, ladies!

For a recap of the rules: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...auty-Box-Sign-Up-Thread!-Deadline-November-30

Here's the list of who is participating:

Fortworthgal – Texas, US <--- has box
    Grant Fan – Virginia, US
    Sheeplady - New York, US
    Christi.adell – Georgia, US
    Wire9vintage – Texas, US
    Ginfizz – Pennsylvania, US
    Tatum – Florida, US
    TheSwingingBee – California, US
    RetroGIJane – Iowa, US
    Zombi – Oklahoma, US

Olivebleu – Nova Scotia, Canada
    MissLaurieMarie – Alberta, Canada

Lindabelle – NSW, Australia
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. fortworthgal

And here's what I took out:

Physicians formula organic wear loose powder
    Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Day Cream
    Solid violet perfume
    Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream samples
    Korres brown eyeshadow (unsure about this, may end up putting it back in)
    MAC pigment "Dark soul"
    MAC liner "Jade way"
    Benefit flirt alert lipstick
    Bare Minerals mint eyeshadow
    Bare Minerals "nice rock" sample shadow
    Benefit "Ninas Nugget" gold cream shadow
    MAC nail polishes

I also took 3 small hairpins, and my husband took out a face brush, both of which I forgot to take a photo of.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  3. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

(I know I'm not participating in this round, but) you took quite a few of the things I put in there :) Flirt Alert was my favourite lipstick for a long time. Tell me what you think of the texture!
  4. fortworthgal

^ C-Dot, I think that is because we have the same tastes in cosmetics. :lol:
  5. olive bleu

olive bleu One Too Many

Forthworthgal, did you try the Crabtree and Evelyn Pomegranate lotion sample?? I took one of those , too and i love it so much, i am going to buy a bottle of it! It is lovely!!
  6. fortworthgal

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks lovely! I'm a hand cream junkie so I can't wait to try it out.
  7. Lovely selection there! Y'all have fun. I would have done it again, but I cleaned out my cache on the last go-round.
  8. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

You should try the shower gel too - It's such an amazing smell. Its one of those ones that makes your skin tingle, too :)
  9. fortworthgal

Okay ladies, the box is on the way to Grant Fan!

I wanted to advise everyone of a slight change - I decided not to do the written inventory list in the box this time. First, I didn't feel like inventorying the entire box and writing down 8 pages of itemized small items. Secondly, it didn't seem to work well at all during round 1. In fact, I think it only confused people. :lol: When I cleaned out the box before shipping, there were a *lot* of items on the list that weren't in the box, and I found items in the box that weren't on the list... so I think it was just too much to keep up with. So, we'll just go on the honor system this time around. Okay with everyone?
  10. Retro_GI_Jane

Retro_GI_Jane One of the Regulars

That's fine with me, when I ship it though I might just list a few items here for the sake of giving people a sneak peek of what went in.
  11. fortworthgal

^ I just meant we won't have a written list inside the box that you have to cross items off when you take out. We'll still post here and show & tell what we've taken out! That makes it more fun for everyone.
  12. fortworthgal

I shipped the box to Grant Fan on Friday, so hopefully she'll have it sometime early this week.
  13. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

I just got the box and made my selection
    I got
    Blistex natural cooling lip balm
    Urban Decay Primer Potion
    H.I.P. eyeshadow in Charisma
    Loreal True Match Blenable compact makeup in W1 Porcelain (I use it and was almost out)
    Everyday Minerals concealer in pearl mint
    NYX eye shadow trio in baby pink, cotton candy, and spring flower
    Loreal 4 set eyeshadow in Woodrose
    E.L.F. shading/eyeliner brush
    E.L.F. angled foundation brush
    E.L.F. small precision brush
    E.L.F. concealer brush
    E.L.F. small smudge brush
    and three mink colored bushes that are unmarked. I'll get Sheeplady's address and send it out ASAP
  14. fortworthgal

Yay! Nice picks, Grant Fan! You got some fun stuff. I put that True Match foundation in. I love it, but I had 3 back ups and I figured someone else could use it. :D
  15. sheeplady

sheeplady My Mail is Forwarded Here Bartender

The box arrived today! Lots of great stuff, I'll have to make my selection later on today or tomorrow. I've PMed Christi.adell to find out her address so I can then wrap it up and send it off!
  16. fortworthgal

Yay! I can't wait to see what kind of goodies you select!
  17. sheeplady

sheeplady My Mail is Forwarded Here Bartender

MY HAUL!!!

A list:
    Beautiful yellow daisy hair clip (will go perfectly with several yellow outfits I have!)
    Beautiful scarf
    Burt Bee's Lip Shimmers in Champange, Rhubarb, & Watermelon
    2 sets hair clips with flowers; one set red one set orange
    e.l.f. blush
    bareMinerals Mineral veil
    e.l.f. glow
    Skin beauty & Wellness vitamins

Awesome ladies! At first I couldn't fit everything I wanted to add into the box, so I tried to prioritize and stuff, stuff, stuff! :) In the end I found only one thing I couldn't fit in, so I'm happy.

The box is full! I will try to get it out in the mail on Monday, but I'm going to be on the road all day- I'll do my best. If not Monday, I'll get it out on Wednesday when I am less busy. :)
  18. fortworthgal

Looks like you found some nice things! I love the ELF mineral line, it is a great dupe for Bare Escentuals.
  19. zombi

zombi A-List Customer

lovely stuff gals.
  20. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

you got all kinds of stiff I put the scarf and burts bees in and made the daisy hair clip I made a comb for myswlf just like it. I hoe,you enjoy it all.