Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round 3 Beauty Box Official Thread

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Guess what came today? Yes, I am being VERY greedy. We need to empty the box out! lol

[video=youtube_share;fDlTZsA1rqo]http://youtu.be/fDlTZsA1rqo[/video]

I'm going through it right now. I'll post pics of what I put in and take out!!!

Yes, my dog kept checking it out, too!! lol

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Putting in this:

8004718984_929022b845_o.jpg

Took all this out -- and the box is still bursting apart:

8004714491_da27216d38_o.jpg

I might go through it again, though. I have it for the next two nights :D And I might even find more stuff to put in.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Great video, I love it! :D I also love the photobombing dog. :laugh: I'm glad you're being greedy! What's in the Chanel compact?

Also just a reminder that you don't have to post pics of what you're contributing. I'm not directing this at anyone specific, or chastising anyone, just saying it isn't necessary. :):)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I sent MissNathalieVintage a PM last night. If you are reading this, please try to get back to me today or tomorrow. I can only get to the PO on Saturday and I would hate to have to hold the box for another week! :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Mailed to the next recipient. Philly PO (as usual!!) gave me a lecture, first about how there was "too much tape" on the box and secondly how I should only use flat rate boxes for "flat rate purposes!" lol Philly PO is populated with idiots anyway -- my husband was once given a lecture on how the zip code wasn't far enough over the right. My neighbour said he's gotten the same lectures about the zip code and "too much tape." lol OK PHILLY!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
According to the USPS website, IF IT FITS, IT SHIPS. Philly postal workers will do anything to make themselves seem more important than they really are. They really are idiots.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
According to the USPS website, IF IT FITS, IT SHIPS. Philly postal workers will do anything to make themselves seem more important than they really are. They really are idiots.

I once shipped a picture frame and two t-shirts in a flat rate envelope. It was bulging and everything. I was really skeptical that they would let me send it- but the postal worker was like- if it fits and you can seal it- it ships. It was obviously pushing the envelope (pun intended) but the postal worker told me it would fit in the envelope rather than a box and it would save us major cash and encouraged us to use the envelope.

Your Philly postal workers are weird. If they were rude about it I'd ask them how their pensions are doing.

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
Your Philly postal workers are weird. If they were rude about it I'd ask them how their pensions are doing.
I agree. I don't have problems from my local P.O. I did, however, once live near one where they just thought they were supreme beings. Nasty just because they liked to be, picking on anything. An example was one claiming she couldn't read my hand writing, then argued that maybe it's because I wrote it that *I* could read it. No one else had problems reading it, despite the high volume of USPS mail I sent out from selling on eBay. That's one of the nicer stories. I stopped going there when even the other patrons would throw in their unwarranted opinions into postal "tell offs."

Last edited:

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I agree. I don't have problems from my local P.O. I did, however, once live near one where they just thought they were supreme beings. Nasty just because they liked to be, picking on anything. An example was one claiming she couldn't read my hand writing, then argued that maybe it's because I wrote it that *I* could read it. No one else had problems reading it, despite the high volume of USPS mail I sent out from selling on eBay. That's one of the nicer stories. I stopped going there when even the other patrons would throw in their unwarranted opinions into postal "tell offs."

My parents have a similar post office staff where they live. One of the women who used to run it (she was forced out we think into early retirement) used to unwrap my mother's magazines out of the plastic and rip the cover and pages (according to the mail delivery man). She acted like an entitled brat. She apparently had it in for my mother because my parents were part of a group that reported the post office for not delivering mail to their road several days a week. She also reportedly would hold outgoing mail from people she didn't like- things such as bills- for a couple days after they put them in the outgoing box. She obviously had issues, but they employed her for years despite them.

The only problems I've had here is that our mail lady is socially inept or something (she never says hello back to me) and used to stop on my garden flowers by walking through my beds rather than the lawn. We took care of the stomping by putting up a fence, but I am a little taken back by the fact that she doesn't say hello back or wave back or something. But the people in our local branch (a big consolidated one) are totally nice and wonderful people

I don't like being rude to people, but honestly, postal workers make a good living in the U.S.- a nice enough living to have common decency for their fellow human beings. Post offices like where my parents live are why these places are pushing for consolidation. My parents couldn't even send out mail from their post office after a while, it was that bad.

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Yahoo! Its as if I hit the mother load. Here is my photo of what I took from the beauty box http://m253.photobucket.com/albumvi... Uploads/IMG-20120927-00357.jpg.html?newest=1 so far I used the hand cream (great stuff), the physicians formula pencil and one of the wet n wild lipsticks. The lipstick worked like an absolute dream. And so creamy the lipstick did not dry out my lips either. I've used wet n wild lipsticks in the past but they were so matte. I am so happy I gave the lipstick another try. Here is a photo of me wearing the wine colored wet n wild lipstick http://m253.photobucket.com/albumvi... Uploads/IMG-20120926-00352.jpg.html?newest=1

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Retro_G_I Jane is the next lucky lady to get the beauty box. And I have to agree with everyone else. We need to empty the box, it is packed to the gills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points