Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Safari Express rifle pic thread

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
A four-one-six Rigby on a CZ550 platform will hopefully be making its way into my safe very soon. Shame is the optics will eclipse the rifle in cost. I wish I could afford to go wtih a GMA Barreled receiver and some custom smithing, but $ just isn't there this year.

You'll be very happy with the CZ Safari. It's a fine gun.

Kifaru

New in Town
Here is my plains game gun for Africa and just about anything in N. America

Double%20.30-06%20003.JPG

Baikal .30-06 double rifle. Rough, bit crude but I can sail them into a 4" circle at 100m with iron sights freehand.

Saving up for a Sabatti .375 flanged double. Going to Zim in 2012. Have an appointement with Mr. Syncerus Caffer.

Kifaru

New in Town
Thats a really nice Baikal,do the make double barrel shotguns?

Yes, they do. Over and under shotguns, and rifles, as well. Like most things russian, they are a bit rough but they just seem to work. I have heard from other Baikal owners that the over/under rifles (based on their o/u shot guns) are much more refined than the sxs rifles. Oh, and did I mention cheap? I stopped in at Holland and Holland last week to drool over a .375 Royal double. 95 THOUSAND POUNDS! My Baikal....395 sterling!

Renault

One Too Many
Okay I'll play,,,,,,, My Whitworth Express .375 H&H . I've since stuck QR Leupold rings on her. This is the way she walked into the shop. *&%*#^@* arthritus in shoulders have just about prevented anything larger. I'll go kicking and screaming before I give up my .375 and my 9.3's !!!!!!!!!!

100_2477.jpg

Last year I did get to work on an awesome Jeffery's double rifle! Came in on consignment. .400 Jeffery's calibre. Made in 1911. Oh yes,,,, I did covet that rifle!!!!!!!!!

Renault

Renault

One Too Many
Does anyone have any experience with a 9.3 x 62 or 9.3 x 64? For some reason I am really wanting to build me one of these.

I absolutely love my 9.3 x 62. I rechambered a 9.3 x 57 with a finishing reamer I picked up from Midway. The big 286 grn RN's are the way to go!

Renault

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Okay I'll play,,,,,,, My Whitworth Express .375 H&H . I've since stuck QR Leupold rings on her. This is the way she walked into the shop. *&%*#^@* arthritus in shoulders have just about prevented anything larger. I'll go kicking and screaming before I give up my .375 and my 9.3's !!!!!!!!!!

100_2477.jpg

Last year I did get to work on an awesome Jeffery's double rifle! Came in on consignment. .400 Jeffery's calibre. Made in 1911. Oh yes,,,, I did covet that rifle!!!!!!!!!

Renault

In the off season we all shoot cast bullets in the big bores. Lot less recoil. ;)

Renault

One Too Many
"In the off season we all shoot cast bullets in the big bores. Lot less recoil."

Absolutely!!!!! I've just now been put back into a position where I can start reloading and, yes maybe even casting bullets again! Whoopee! First I've got several project rifles to get finished! Just not enuff time!!!!!! The most fun with cast bullets I've had was with my Krags!

Renault

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
I got a Lyman 2 cavity 265 grain mould I'm going to give a try as soon as I get caught up on wood and leather projects. I'll post the results over on my forum. ;)

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi guys. Be careful to cast the lead outside. One of our gun club members is really a little goofy now. He cast bullets for a lot of the pistol shooters over the years. He's a little young for Alzheimer's too (right at 70). I buy all of my stuff from Missouri Bullet company just Southeast of KC in the hills. The last two turns to the house are on gravel roads...

Later

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Hi guys. Be careful to cast the lead outside. One of our gun club members is really a little goofy now. He cast bullets for a lot of the pistol shooters over the years. He's a little young for Alzheimer's too (right at 70). I buy all of my stuff from Missouri Bullet company just Southeast of KC in the hills. The last two turns to the house are on gravel roads...

Later
I don't do it for a living. Just a hobby.

Renault

One Too Many
LOL! I already sniff enough lead dust ona daily basis from thetestfire chamber.....

OTOH, I'm currenly trying to work a deal to get this .30 Super (.300 H&H) back from wifey. DO NOT ask how she ended up with it. I'd rather not discuss it.....

100_2269.jpg

Renault

J.D. Hunt

New in Town
LOL! I already sniff enough lead dust ona daily basis from thetestfire chamber.....

OTOH, I'm currenly trying to work a deal to get this .30 Super (.300 H&H) back from wifey. DO NOT ask how she ended up with it. I'd rather not discuss it.....

100_2269.jpg

Renault

Renault, I know how the wifey got it but a nice single malt will seal my lips. J.D.H.

Renault

One Too Many
"Renault, I know how the wifey got it but a nice single malt will seal my lips. J.D.H. "
Hmmm,,,,,, Possibly this could be arranged...... (I know where she keeps her stash!)
Say on the upcoming Safari?

Renault

Renault

One Too Many
"Renault, I know how the wifey got it but a nice single malt will seal my lips. J.D.H. "
Hmmm,,,,,, Possibly this could be arranged...... (I know where she keeps her stash!)
Say on the upcoming Safari?

Renault

Deal closed! The Boddington #1 Ruger in .300 H&H is mine,,,,,,,, yet AGAIN!!!!!!! Woohoo. Watch out nilgai!

BTW, Duke, I got the Auto 5 I PM'ed you about! I just haven't had the time to post a pic. Maybe this weekend. Been kinda hectic here this week....

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Deal closed! The Boddington #1 Ruger in .300 H&H is mine,,,,,,,, yet AGAIN!!!!!!! Woohoo. Watch out nilgai!

BTW, Duke, I got the Auto 5 I PM'ed you about! I just haven't had the time to post a pic. Maybe this weekend. Been kinda hectic here this week....

Congrats Renault. You do know we will need to see some pics.

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Barbie and I threw a few of these together from some scrap wood we had laying around from another project. Their for our Safari Rifle ammo. I put skids on them for hand trucking.
Teddy Roosevelt would be proud.

SAFARIAMMOCRATES.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112