Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sculpture Pin Curler

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Well, my Sculpture Pin Curler has arrived - very quick too considering it was from the other side of the world! I haven't tried it yet but will let you know how I get on.

By the way, is this a remodel of an original product or is it new? Obviously the syling of the box is very 'vintage' and the curler itself has that vaguely plasticky 'Girls World' look, but I can't tell if it's an 'old' idea or a fairly new one. Anyone know?

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Well, my Sculpture Pin Curler has arrived - very quick too considering it was from the other side of the world! I haven't tried it yet but will let you know how I get on.

By the way, is this a remodel of an original product or is it new? Obviously the syling of the box is very 'vintage' and the curler itself has that vaguely plasticky 'Girls World' look, but I can't tell if it's an 'old' idea or a fairly new one. Anyone know?

Hi Forties!

I read (on Bobby pin blog) that it was a reproduction of an origional product.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Thnks Tishkaminx!

Well, it does certainly work! My only try so far (due to time) was quite messy but it was quite easy and the curls were very curly. I did have a bit of a panic brushing it out so I'll need practice on that bit. No pics I'm afraid, maybe next time!

Little lady

Familiar Face
It didn't work particularly well for me. It was lovely packaged, but I didn't think it was very good. I am not particularly good at pin curls, it takes a long time for me, and no different with this. I have pretty slippery hair, that doesn't want to be shaped easily, and it just kept falling out of the brush. I'm not really sure this gadget helped me do it faster at all, since I also had to make them smaller. But the most important part of why I don't care for it is the result I get, but I seem to get it always with pin curls. I pretty much only get volume in my hair, it get's fluffy, not in a frizzy way, it looks fine, but it's not very curly at all, must be my strange hair or something. My preference is definitely foam rollers, I do actually get very good curls with them, that last well also, and it's quick to do.

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I wrote a sort of tutorial featuring a bit of a review of this thing http://victoriablack4.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/pin-curls-for-dummies/
But I agree that it is a little bit small, and I have since started using a foundation stick instead with tiny fabric end papers. The curl does hold much better at the smaller size but I don't feel like spending an hour on it so I do regular pillow rollers one night and then use the foundation stick to set it the next night to maintain it. I'm really liking how this works.

Alice~

One of the Regulars
I can't get this to work well for me - I think my hair is far too thick for the size of the pin curler. If anybody in the UK would like to have mine, send me a private message. It's in perfect condition and I'd rather somebody got some use of it than it sitting around on my dressing table forever!

vintageTink

One Too Many
I can't get this to work well for me - I think my hair is far too thick for the size of the pin curler. If anybody in the UK would like to have mine, send me a private message. It's in perfect condition and I'd rather somebody got some use of it than it sitting around on my dressing table forever!
Too bad I'm not in the UK. :*(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko