Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SEEKING: High-waisted brown trousers

volatile

A-List Customer
Creeping Past said:
The first image as posted? Don't think so; they've a henley-style button-front.

Not all of them... many have full-front openings. That's what confused me - that guy's shirt has buttons all the way down, which seems pretty rare to find in long-sleeve t-shirts.

volatile

A-List Customer
Nope, it's definitey got buttons all the way down.

caleb.jpg

They're clearer in this shot.

Union Suit?

mike

Call Me a Cab
volatile said:
Nope, it's definitey got buttons all the way down.

caleb.jpg

They're clearer in this shot.

Union Suit?

I think this would be much more appealing if it wasn't some kid that was my age or younger.

How hip.

mike

Call Me a Cab
volatile said:
What's your point? [huh]

I was just grumpy. I'm sorry! I guess I just like the idea that we exist on some cultural island or repository here for our education. I know it's not really true and I'm fooling myself. I just don't like to acknowledge being part of a scene or movement.

Meanwhile, these here might be a really interesting alternative, even if Peterman's use of drawings instead of photos is painful....

http://jpeterman.com/product~cat~100202~sku~MPT+2526.asp

2526-f09.jpg

I dig the idea that these are done in a tweed instead of solids or stripes as done elsewhere.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:

Was there ever a resolution to MK getting that sample suit from Bookster? Wasn't there talk about a FL-inspired suit at some point too? Does anyone have any Bookster garments that they can review?

By the way, I love this Bookster swatch...

TARSAN.jpg

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Bookster trousers should be fine; they've got some very nice fabrics on offer. But I can't banish the image of MK swamped in one of their jackets with armholes stretching halfway down the body. I don't recall a final word on that.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Creeping Past said:
I can't banish the image of MK swamped in one of their jackets with armholes stretching halfway down the body.

worthlesswithoutpics

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That said....we're speaking of trousers..........totally different animal from the cursed coat; tailoring wise..

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Yes, I have several garments from Peter (had them for years) and I love them all.

His offerings are excellent but, like any item of clothing, they have to fit you to look really good. I don't think we can contrue anything (other than be careful when buying clothes on the Webosphere) from the fact that the suit MK modelled look pretty bad.

mike said:
Does anyone have any Bookster garments that they can review?

Edward

Bartender
H.Johnson said:
I have a pair. VS Co. do two versions, one with a more tapered leg than the other (and no cinch back). Mine are the wide leg version, which is less expensive. I bought mine second hand at a reasonable price. I would not pay the new price.

I like their shirts, but their trousers etc. are too expensive for what they are IMO.

Price aside, they look great. The only thing that I find a little confusing about the site is how widely they aim the timeframe for their garments - for these trousers, they put it at "1880-1960". That may be fine for multiple extras in a stage production or film, but surely trouser widths varied to such a degree in that 80 year period that it is rather absurd to place such a wide time-waindow around them? While it would be very nice for me to find a bunch of cheap, real vintage stuff, I know well that that is highly unlikely in my size. Military dress trousers are a great alternative, though limited in colour offerings and again very rare for me to be able to find a pair which would be long enough for me to be able to wear with a cuff. I am therefore looking into options like this and Old Town. OT seem to offer something suitably wide in the leg for a 30s / 40s look. These VS trousers look nice, but I can't tell if they would be wide enough? I have reservations on this as I have often looked at Victorian and Western era repros, but have always discounted those as being too narrow in the leg for what I want. It is an irony not lost on me that were I to prefer to dress in a Victorian manner on a day to day basis, it would actually be somewhat easier to build my wardrobe than 30s and 40s!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points