Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Semi calado madness

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Semi Calado

In case anyone is searching by thread, I wanted to start a new thread on semi calado`s, as there seems very little on the net about these wonderful hats...

Before

FLASH.jpg

After, passing through Art Fawcett`s magical hands

NikonJune2009001-2.jpg

2" brim, 4" front crown

duggap

Banned
I would like to hear Panama Bob chime in with some prices as I have been seriously considering one of those. The regular Panamas, which I love, are just so darn hot in the summer that this variety of Panama just may be the answer. :)

thomasrodd

New in Town
Me, too

Panama Bob quoted me a range of $140-400 depending on weave for a size 8 of this open-weave type, custom order due to size. Maybe later this year if I feel flush.

Last year I took out the liner and leather sweatband and put in a coolmax fabric band, and added large brass grommets -- not so pretty -- to make one of my panamas, a medium weave fedora from panama hats direct, comfortable for casual beach wear.

My other panama is a Stetson Center Dent, ok for business, but too hot for any exertion.

I wonder what an optimo or patron style semi-calado with a 2 3/4 or so brim would be like? Thoughts?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I advise to send a mail to PB - won`t be dissapointed in terms of price, service and the finished product - thanks PB :eusa_clap

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_doh: I sent some to a hatter for finishing. He liked them so much, he bought them.

Many coming from Ecuador and all they say is "Ya, ya, Don Robert, ya vienen." And I tell them that we aren't very good waiters.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Oh no...what have I done...heard from 3 people on the lounge that they have now ordered semi-calados...and the hatters are stocking up too...!!?? Good choice though I would say for a mid-summer hat :D

Golden Earache

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Daiz, don't know how nice of a weave this one will have, but for the price, ya can't beat it! I am hoping the sweat is of the brown variety, but in the pics it looks black.

I'll post my own pics when I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ