• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Share your own art here :)

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by PADDY, Jul 19, 2007.

1. PADDY

PADDY I'll Lock Up Bartender

I have always enjoyed dabbling with watercolours and other mediums.

So, when a good friend of mine was getting married, I just couldn't think of anything to get him for his wedding..[huh]

So, knowing how attached the two of them were to their little Jack Russell terriers, I thought it might be an idea to paint them, and then they had something that would always remind them of the two dogs they love so much!

Bear in mind, I have no formal training, ...anyway, here goes!!:eek:

2. Small Town Girl

Small Town Girl One of the Regulars

:eek: Your painting is wonderful!!!!!
  3. HungaryTom

HungaryTom One Too Many

Great artwork

Some awesome painting - and priceless gift to your friend! Watercolors? Gouache?
    :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I have my internet gallery here:

No academic training either - I had the luck to find a master in oilpainting who thaught me for some months. The greatest luck in my life.

4. Lauren

Lauren Distinguished Service Award

Wow- you guys are REALLY good! I'm so impressed!

I don't do that much art anymore, but here's a few of my fashion sketches and some older art. I've been meaning to pick it up again, but mostly it's just fashion and construction sketches these days!
    linoleum print
    And if you want to count sewing as art, here's some of my costumes ;)
  5. WOW!!! everyones art is fabulous. I envy you all. I could'nt paint or draw to save my life. Keep it coming.
  6. Flieger

Flieger Practically Family

I'm not sure this counts as art but they are painted by me and since the aircrafts in question where used in the 1930s-40s, they are also vintage. :)

The plane is the licence manufactured version of the North American Aviation BT-9. SwAf designation: Sk 14. The little sister of the more famous Harvard-, Texan-, SNJ-lineage.

7. Nonsense! I used to be the same way. It just takes practice and perseverance,....Here's one I did for the state of South Carolina's duck stamp contest.

(I won 4th place too,...) :rolleyes:
  8. Yay art!

Folks, this is great stuff!
  9. AeroDillo

AeroDillo Familiar Face

10. Dixon Cannon

Dixon Cannon My Mail is Forwarded Here

My Ringo c.1972

-dixon cannon
  11. Retirement Artwork

Here's some of my stained engravings....

12. HadleyH

HadleyH I'll Lock Up

That's very, very nice everybody!!! Bravo! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
  13. DW Evans

DW Evans New in Town

Here's a character I drew for a story that's still in the development stages.
    His name is Sage Malone, aka Smokey Chokey, and he once was a firefighter.
    Unfortunately, he couldn't stand the heat.

The illustration was drawn on black Artagain paper with pastels and charcoals, in pigments of white and gray.
  14. I thought I'd post my second attempt at airbrushing here-

Inspired by an illustration from a 1939 ad.
  15. BJBAmerica

BJBAmerica A-List Customer

Now, to me, that's a very impressive painting, Paddy......Can't believe you've not studied or had any formal training......Outstanding!!! :eusa_clap
  16. Rooster

Rooster Practically Family

Wow, a bunch of great artists here! Here's my wifes work, she's been doing this full time since 1985.
    I myself sculpt wood and metal full time. I should be finishing up a new website today or tomorrow, I'll post a link then.
  17. MrPumpernickel

MrPumpernickel One of the Regulars

I'll just link my site without dropping in images, since a) the majority isn't traditional mediums and b) not vintage in subject, but by all means check it out anyway.

I too though do not have any kind of formal training though I am fairly adept in wood- and metalworking, miniature making and painting as well as sewing (clothes and objects).
  18. PADDY

PADDY I'll Lock Up Bartender

I had no idea the amount or level of talent in this place:eek:
  19. LadyDeWinter

LadyDeWinter A-List Customer

Paddy, these dogs are brilliant, respect :eusa_clap