Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
WOW

Dominic, you have a nice style.
The different headshots of the cat are great. So expressive and funny.
The question is can you do wolves?;)

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys! I just something I love to do. And wolves? I probably scribbled some at some point but my prefered animal is the alley cat.:)

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
Very Brave

I always had a problem posting my art work on line.
I'm always afraid that someone will take the image and use it, duplicate it, or put in on t-shirts or something.

We speak of copyright a lot of this forum. Does anyone know how we can protect our images, our pictures, our art work and poems of this forum?

I have gone through copyright protection in the past with my own music and writing, and it does get expensive and time consuming.

I've heard copyright laws would hold up in court with the music/words in a sealed postmarked envelope. Does anyone know if this still works?

(I'll have to contact the copyright office and ask...)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
PA Dancer said:
I'm always afraid that someone will take the image and use it, duplicate it, or put in on t-shirts or something.

We speak of copyright a lot of this forum. Does anyone know how we can protect our images, our pictures, our art work and poems of this forum?

I have gone through copyright protection in the past with my own music and writing, and it does get expensive and time consuming.

I've heard copyright laws would hold up in court with the music/words in a sealed postmarked envelope. Does anyone know if this still works?

I always understood that if an artist merely puts this mark, ---> © on their work, that is sufficient. Maybe it is sufficient for online concerns also? To be absolutely certain register the work with the copyright office,....unless things have changed in the last ten years or so. [huh]
(And Dinerman,...I like that industrial thing, keep up the good work. :) )

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
My work is in metals mostly. I like metalwork, I'm mostly a blacksmith though I do other things as well (along with sewing, calligraphy...) These are just a few pieces.

Viking Age padlock:
DSC04765.jpg

DSC04763.jpg

Big fork, about 14" long:
Cube_twist_long_fork_by_hawkthrower.jpg

Medieval arrowheads:
DSC05182.jpg

My wife and my wedding rings. I made them from a bar of .999 silver that my grandma gave my grandpa decades ago.
DSC03208.jpg

Something 2-D, just a little piece I did for a couple friends for their wedding anniversary. The passage is an adaptation from Tolkien that was read at their wedding.
11-28-06.jpg

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
PA Dancer said:

The moment an artist creates an original work of art, they own the copyright. Putting a copyright notice on the work is a great first step, however, proving and defending those intellectual rights is another matter which is why it's best to register a copyright. The current fee for visual works is $45.

http://www.copyright.gov/register/visual.html

The mailing yourself a copy does not protect you (see "poor man's copyright"):

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#poorman

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Vintage style art

(Re-posted from Golden Era section)

I thought I would post some pics of my art.
I recently opened my website and thought others here might dig what I do.
Yes this is shamless self promotion but I am a regular contributer to this site and think my stuff is right up your alley.
Hope you guys like it.
Check out more at www.car-noir.com
Thanks
Jim
Roscoe.png

"Roscoe Said Goddbye For Me"
DrDq.png

"Dragstrip Delinquents"

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
BigSleep said:
(Re-posted from Golden Era section)

I thought I would post some pics of my art.
I recently opened my website and thought others here might dig what I do.
Yes this is shamless self promotion but I am a regular contributer to this site and think my stuff is right up your alley.
Hope you guys like it.
Check out more at www.car-noir.com
Thanks
Jim
Roscoe.png

"Roscoe Said Goddbye For Me"
DrDq.png

"Dragstrip Delinquents"

Cool stuff! Explain how you do them...

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
PA Dancer said:
LocktownDog,
I'm drawn to the 4th one.
What is the story behind it?

None really. I had a period of my life where I was fascinated with the vibrancy of colors and textiles of northern Africa. I did quite a few portraits in acrylic and watercolor of the people of Morocco, Tunisia, etc. Mainly in the markets and farms. Never did get to go there myself, but had hundreds of photos collected, cropped, abstracted, etc.

That one image was done in pastel as a project. Layers of bright colors aligned parallel to each other to almost blur the image. As to the man himself, I cannot tell you who he was, to what tribe or sect he belonged, or his occupation. Sorry.

Richard

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
Cool stuff! Explain how you do them...
Thanks Q
I work in oil on canvas.
I start with thumbnails of my idea.
Once I have the idea worked out pretty good I start to collect reference material. Fortunately I live in LA so I can shoot car reference just about any day of the week due to how many car shows there are here. I also have friends that are models.
Once Iv'e collected my reference then I refine the idea and lay it out on my canvas.
Then the real fun begins! I love slingin' paint.
Thanks for asking Q.

Any of you Angelenos ever go to Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake on Friday nights say hi. I'll be the guy in the fedora! Ha.

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Hey thanks H that's just what I was going for.
I love film noir...and cars...and motorcycles...and vintage style...and painting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk