• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Share your own art here :)

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by PADDY, Jul 19, 2007.

1. [​IMG]
    It's tucked away in a back corner, but here's my work, hanging in the Wade Smith Foyer Gallery in downtown Birmingham. It'll be up through February.
    I've been making art since I was big enough to hold a crayon, and this is the first time anything I've done has ever been shown in a sho'nuff art gallery. It may well be the last time, too, but I'm pretty stoked, and very grateful, to have had the opportunity.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Matt Crunk, Mm25, 2jakes and 2 others like this.
  2. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Good luck, Cuz. You know I'm a fan and I intend to have my my own piece for display.

3. Thanks Cuz!

4. Ah, the old sneak attack by his alias, Chief Catscratch.;)

Cheers!

Dan

5. Congratulations! I had a one man show in 1977 and then hibernated until 2015. Had to make a living in between. Keep at it. The work looks great!

dh66 likes this.
  6. dh66 likes this.
  7. VERY impressive Alan.
    And thank you.

alanfgag likes this.
  8. [​IMG]
    Here's a piece I just finished for a good friend of mine. I made a new home for her old swimming trophy from when she made all star back in the day. She didn't like the fake gold chrome, so I gave it a nice coat of silver glitter and back lit it with some battery powered dollar store Christmas lights.

9. I'm liking that retro last 50's atomic vibe you have there. Pretty creative stuff.

Cheers!

Dan

dh66 likes this.
  10. Thanks Dan!!

11. Incredible. I can't believe I've never crossed paths with this film. Thank you for sharing this, Panadora.

Panadora likes this.

12. Actually can't wait to see this little bit of inspiration as well. The interesting part of this is that each frame is a hand painted piece of art in the Van Gogh style. Not CG, but actual oil paintings.

http://www.lovingvincent.com

One of my favorite artists of all. Not sure why, probably because he managed to create some amazing an beautiful pieces of art in a shot amount of time, with only the few tools a poor painter could cobble together. Looking at his style, you almost wonder if he truly painted what he saw. A Starry Night could say he had a physical vision problem. Hard to say, but in the end I love his work & style.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    1mach1 likes this.
  13. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

I hope all of you had a nice Ash Wednesday! :)

[​IMG]

1mach1 likes this.
  14. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

Today I made this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. No. 3 in a series of 4 engraved angel plaques ( April 2016 )...

[​IMG]

Lean'n'mean, 2jakes, foamy and 4 others like this.
  16. Incredible, HD!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

17. Thanks so much dh66.
    It's the deep relief engraving that is so time consuming. Staining/painting is the easier part. However, I think this technique is very rare, and probably for that very reason.
    HD

2jakes likes this.
  18. “Vintage air-conditioning @ La Villita"
    [​IMG]
    (8x10 oil on canvas)

19. Very nice 2jakes..!!

2jakes likes this.
  20. That looks great 2Jakes!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2jakes likes this.