• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Sharing Coconut Oil Experiences for the ladies....

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by philosophygirl78, Dec 13, 2015.

1. I used to buy the most expensive Estee Lauder products. I am in my late 30's so it is getting important for proper beauty care.

I started by using it just as a skin moisturizer which has been a miracle softening agent, better than Estee Lauder products. Now, I use it for almost everything: Teeth pulling, Skin Detox, a daily oral supplement, I have even made home made deoderant and esssential oil skin creams with it. I highly recommend trying it if you never have. It is odorless, so I add essential oils such as Lavender and Jasmine and ALWAYS get compliments from co workers, friends and random people. I don't even use perfume anymore.

I buy the big tub, 54 oz for only $20.00 at Sam's Club and it lasts a good 2-3 months for everything..

Anyone else have experience with is? Oh, and yes, it can be used with the gentlemen as well... :p

2. For a while we used it to pop corn at the theatre and got it in 35 lb. bag-in-box containers, and I did notice whenever I changed the box I'd get some on my hands and it had a very positive impact on them. The stuff we used was dyed yellow, however, and it did leave a stain, so I didn't try it on my face.

We stopped using it because it would gum up the pump during cold weather. But I've still got two 35 pound boxes of it in the storeroom. I was paying about $50 for 35 pounds in 2012, which was the last time I ordered it, so I imagine the markup on the cosmetic-grade stuff, even at Sammy's, is rather intense.

philosophygirl78 likes this.
  3. OMG!!!!! LMBO!!!!! That is so funny... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

4. Izabella

Izabella New in Town

I use coconut oil for practically everything. Mouth wash, moisturiser, in the shower, cooking, cleaning, make up remover… the list goes on. It has such an incredible impact on my skin and on my life. I cannot live without it. Its incredible.

It can get messy, but entirely worth it.

5. Sharpsburg

Sharpsburg One of the Regulars

TEETH PULLING????? WITH COCONUT OIL? Sounds slippery.

6. Izabella

Izabella New in Town

Not to mention painful..

7. Rockapin-up

Rockapin-up A-List Customer

I used a mixture of coconut oil and tumeric and brushed my teeth with it. It helps whiten your teeth and it did work. Just use a tooth brush you don't mind getting stained.