• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Shinki Kelso A1 Aeronaut size 42 interest check

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by marmalademan, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:34 PM.

1. marmalademan

marmalademan Familiar Face

It's Shinki on the lighter side, not flimsy, but there is beefier out there. Basically well suited to hotter climes. In real life it looks virtually black, but it's in fact a very dark brown. Guess you'd call it dark seal. The camera can see the base colour, which is seal, but as yet there is no wear through anywhere on the jacket. It's great in all respects but the sleeves are annoyingly an inch short on me. It's probably stock length for a 42. Price wise I'd want 600 GBP to think about parting with it. If there is any interest let me know and I'll supply more pics and the vital measurements

Attached Files:

jerez and Lebowski like this.
  2. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 One Too Many

I'd like to hear and see more

Lebowski likes this.
  3. Lebowski

Lebowski Familiar Face

Interesting jacket, more photos and some main measurements would be helpful.

4. Dr H

Dr H One Too Many

Yes, might be interested.

P.s. just noticed the camo lining - sorry, not for me. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 6:51 PM
  5. ste60

ste60 New in Town

Bill Kelso in Shinki?

Lebowski likes this.
  6. Lebowski

Lebowski Familiar Face

They used Victory HH and Badalassi cowhide. Now they use Liberty HH. They all are nice!
    But Shinki? It sounds a bit unusual for BK.

jonesy86 likes this.
  7. marmalademan

More than unusual Lebowski, this is a one off! It was made with shinki supplied to the manufacturer by the customer.. And I have it from a reliable source that this won't be happening ever again so it is I guess a collectors piece and so probably I should now jack the price up a bit lol

Measurements:
    Pit to pit 22.5"
    Shoulders 18"
    Nape to hem 23.5"
    Sleeve along outer curve 25.25"

A word about the length. I'm 6,1 and it is very good for me. If I had to alter it half an inch I would go shorter over longer. This pattern is sound and the jacket has been expertly assembled to the usual BK standard. You can see 2 more pics of it on their Instagram. I'll take some new ones soon

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 9:34 PM
  8. Guppy

Guppy One Too Many

ste60 likes this.
  9. jonesy86

jonesy86 Practically Family

Hey
    Got my attention. Don't have a BK. Love Shinki. A bit steep, and small for me.
    GLWS

10. marmalademan

What I really need to do is take it outside into some natural light and photograph it there. But in the meantime until I get that chance here's a few snaps taken inside, with and without the flash. With the flash on the lens seems able to detect the base colour.. What these photos, to an extent, I think have captured here is the grain on this jacket

Attached Files:

Lebowski and handymike like this.
  11. marmalademan

Walked past a well placed bush today.

PS I fear these photos have lost some clarity after being shrunk for here. But anyway, you know what shinki is and this is a super nice batch

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 12:52 PM
    Lebowski likes this.
  12. marmalademan

Alright guys, I've had a few offers and it set me thinking.

The absolute bottom line is gonna be 800 US via friends and family option on PP plus buyer to pay shipping.

I also can consider trades for size 40/42 of similar quality i.e BK, GW, ELC, or maybe Thedi. Thx

13. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

Beautiful jacket.

14. marmalademan

Sure is and what's more I think it can fit you sir! Since I'm a 40 and it's good on me :)

15. marmalademan

Lots of chatter but still no follow through. So let's try one more price before the bay

$845 via PP friends and family shipped worldwide

This is literally the best horsehide you've never seen and the only reason I can sell is because I'm sitting on another 2 hides. I will be happy to provide high resolution pics over email