Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should Men Wear Bracelets ?

Sonero

Practically Family
I really like this bracelet but I am 47 years old . If you would have asked me 10 years I'd buy this in a heartbeat. The brass buckles make it elegant IMO. Id never consider buying it if it had silver buckles.

This paired with a pair of jeans and a short sleeve tan dress shirt with nice shoes.

Too much ? I feel that being covered in tattoos allows me some sort of creative freedom at my age. After all I have always respected my inner freak :)

Some web articles say if it doesn't tell time don't wear it on your wrist !

Would love some opinions.

By the way it is made with english bridal leather...oooh aaaah

Thanks

il_570xN.661301855_5gyc.jpg

HatAddict94

Familiar Face
In all honesty is a bold statement just like wearing a hat like we do is. Its not very common. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't wear it. It does have that tough look to it so it would go with certain outfits. I wouldn't wear it with a suit but I can see myself wearing it with a leather jacket, t shirt and jeans. Its something you would see rock or blue musicians wearing. Do not be discouraged either. Wear what is you and wing it.

Captain O

One of the Regulars
I took the plunge !

When the bracelet arrives I will model it for the multitude. We can do a Roman thumbs up , thumbs down review. The lions can have me if I lose the battle :)

If you enjoy the bracelet and you feel that it fits/compliments your look, that's great. Only you can speak for yourself. Be your own judge.

I'm a 62-year-old man that looks much younger and dresses regularly in a shirt, slacks, and a sports coat. I dress in this fashion most of the time. The "casual" look is lost on me. I regularly carry either a walking stick or cane (that is used for defensive purposes) as well as a statement of style. I like wearing Fedoras and Bowlers/Derbies and Panama hats during the summer months. In the winter months, I wear a Dobbs "Fedora-for-the-Rain". (This works well for the Pacific Northwest).

When it comes to personal jewelry, it comes under the heading of "whatever floats your boat".

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
One should wear what they feel comfortable with and have the confidence to do so. I wear a pocketwatch and chain whenever I go out. I've never received a negative comment about it yet. It's a great conversation-piece, if nothing else.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wear what you like & feel comfortable with...I wear a Vietnamese brass bangle on a regular basis & a thick silver ID bracelet :)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
One should wear what they feel comfortable with and have the confidence to do so. I wear a pocketwatch and chain whenever I go out. I've never received a negative comment about it yet. It's a great conversation-piece, if nothing else.
Couldn't agree more, no need to ask the fashion police if it's ok to wear anything. Social media has given every self opinionated upstart a metaphoric soapbox from which to dictate to the world what to wear, what to listen to, what to vote, how many babies to have or have not, indeed, even how you should live your life. I could give you some advice as to what to tell them but profanities don't go down too well in The Lounge.

OC Fry

Familiar Face
I'm more of a silver guy myself. Of course men should wear bracelets... Wristwatches on the other hand... Wearing a watch makes me feel I have somewhere to be on time and I'm not really into that...

I look around and see what other people look like and I figure I can do anything I want!

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
Speaking frankly about those "rules", aren't wristwatches a superfluous item themselves, in today's age and time?
I don't see much difference in bracelets that tell time and those which don't, and wear both regularly.

Cocker

Practically Family
Love the black leather / brass buckles combo. As long as you're comfortable with it, go ahead!

This could also look awesome with plain black t-shirt.

Dang, I think I want one of those!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk