Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should Men Wear Bracelets ?

Angus Forbes

One of the Regulars
What is the connection between men wearing bracelets and the Golden Era? Was it commonplace for men to wear them? It seems to me to be a relatively recent phenomenon, but of course I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

PeterGunnLives

One of the Regulars
What is the connection between men wearing bracelets and the Golden Era? Was it commonplace for men to wear them? It seems to me to be a relatively recent phenomenon, but of course I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

While after the Golden Era, Paul Newman wore one in From the Terrace, which I believe was released in 1960 or 1961.

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
Don't know if it counts, but a few years back I took a long string of thick black leather about 1/2" wide, added snaps to the ends and have worn it now and then wrapped around my wrist.

Last edited:
Recently bought this one with stamped arrows and thunderbirds
IMG_2881.JPG

ClassyMica

New in Town
I really like this bracelet but I am 47 years old . If you would have asked me 10 years I'd buy this in a heartbeat. The brass buckles make it elegant IMO. Id never consider buying it if it had silver buckles.

This paired with a pair of jeans and a short sleeve tan dress shirt with nice shoes.

Too much ? I feel that being covered in tattoos allows me some sort of creative freedom at my age. After all I have always respected my inner freak :)

Some web articles say if it doesn't tell time don't wear it on your wrist !

Would love some opinions.

By the way it is made with english bridal leather...oooh aaaah

Thanks

View attachment 73446

Why wouldn't you want to wear a bracelet? I think that as long as the jewelry you are wearing compliments your attire most people wouldn't even think twice about what you are wearing. Plus I think that accenting attire give you a style boost. When you are looking good, you are most likely feeling good about yourself, at least that is how I feel, which is why I love fashion so much. You can mix and match so many different things to compliment your personal style. ;)

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Wow, looking at some of the silver bracelets got me to thinking I need to acquire one, especially a lot of Alan's pics. I don't know that I can bring the wider cuffs or not, but one of the simpler ones, the one with the vertical lining in it look great. And I do like a bit of turquoise. Something handmade from say New Mexico or Peru would be cool.

I have seen those rubber bands like Livestrong and see guys wearing that, and in religious circles, F.R.O.G. or WWJD have been around. Some have say a black rubber band with silver at the ends or even braided leather. Got one of those in Costa Rica on the honeymoon, for $4, and well, it was a better idea in my mind than in execution.

If anyone has online sites to suggest, please let me know or private message me.

I believe if you are a rock-star, who sleeps on a king size bed of cash, surrounded by lingerie models, you can and should wear a bracelet. If you meet any single one of the aforementioned that's good enough as well. It's not for me but I can certainly appreciate the artistry.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm surprised that I haven't seen old Keef's name mentioned here (Keith Richards), as it was Keith who made such articles as bracelets, silk scarves, beaded necklaces, etc. okay for guys (including Mr. Depp). But Keith was emulating, in a somewhat more macho way, the great Brian Jones, founder of the Rolling Stones, who was also largely responsible for reintroducing black American blues and rhythm-and-blues to the U.S. His whole look, the long bowl-cut hair, the sailor's striped shirts, the beads and what-not, were all emulated by the bands of the mid and later "60's, as well as by a great many of the punks (including Johnny and DeeDee Ramone). Credit where it's due.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot