Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Ebay finds and purchases

jkingrph

Practically Family
I just received this old Darwin Razor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170792009606?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It basically mounts a short piece of what could be a straight razor blade in a handle to hold like a modern double edge or cartridge razor, but has a mechanism that allows honeing and stropping the blade and maintain precise angles.

I used a similar model, only made by Rolls this morning, and also have some of the old Kampfe lather catcher models, as well as some Valet Auto Strops.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
A Brunswick record Messa Stomp/Jump Jack Jump

DSCN4279.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Wolverine Addison Boots

Here is my latest ebay find. Wolverine 1000 mile Addison boots. They are the most comfortable shoes right out of the box that I have ever owned! They are a size D width, so I ordered my normal size, good thing, they fit great. Some are ordering a full size down, must be EEE width. Most people think I am wearing dress shoes, untile I flash a little ankle. Went back to order a second pair to wear while riding my motorcycles, out of my size. I may order a tan pair for the bikes, saw a write up where the owner really wore his tan pair through the mud and muck, really looked cool, hard to believe. Makes you wonder why this kind of boot ever went out of style for every day use. No tennis shoe I have ever worn, is this comfortable!
Addison.jpg
Addison2.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Glass Door Knobs

Just picked up some crystal door knobs, less then $10.00 apiece. Two are matching, three are the same flower pattern, one of which is the coveted purple, [yes I know why they turn,"] and one brown porcelain. I made a little Rube Goldberg adapter to put one on my truck, didn't want to drill it out and ruin the threads. Rilly dresses up the little Toy Toco, don't you think?
IMG_4299.jpg
IMG_4303.jpg
IMG_4331.jpg
IMG_4308.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Those are beautiful Stearmen! :)
Thanks Rue! The sad thing is, I was out house shopping and stopped at an open house, little 50s ranch. I noticed that there was one set of glass knobs, I asked the realtor about that, he said the daughter inherited the house, she and her boy friend took all the glass door knobs and tossed them in the trash, then put some cheep fake pewter knobs in there place. The realtor made the same face as me, and as all of you are making as you read this!

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I bought this a few days ago. 1938 Ericsson 162 (NOS handset & replacement cord, recently serviced).
7122923615_2371d2b6df.jpg

Also this dropside toaster (It arrived in the original box). It needed a bit of a clean, but polished up wonderfully. It toasts a mean crumpet!
6976872346_3affec6406.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points