Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Porkpies

GregNYC

One Too Many
Yeah, young dudes. I see these more often in Greenwich Village on people of college age. I'm going shopping for a porkpie today. I'll also take Loz's advice and start looking into custom!!

Oh, no, Greg! :eusa_clap Be careful, just let the affliction run its course... buy TWO!

Let me suggest Bencraft, in Brooklyn. Judging by the online prices, they are about the most competitive.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
More to come when the weather will be in the more fresh mood. :)
For now this is the more summerlike along with a very rough and useful straw Broner. My beloved for the beach

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks all for the appreciations. The beloved Jill porkpie along with a UE Stetson are my love rebirth for the fedoras........bit tbis is another story:)

Inviato dal mio GT-S7500 con Tapatalk 2

GregNYC

One Too Many
Pa Fig, that is one tight pork pie crown! Did you steam it in?

Here is a new one - a stingy Borsalino fur felt from their rain-proof line. Foldable too. I had a sort of loose pork-pie crown put in, not heavily steamed in, since I might want to re-fedora-ize it some day. I like wearing it, it's very lightweight and comfortable. Great fit. I have one vintage pork pie from ebay, and will consider custom next!

pork1.jpg

pork2.jpg

pork3.jpg

pork4.jpg

pork5.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Here is a Dobb's I put a porkpie crown on.

Pa, you are showing some tight creasing skills! Are you reading Ermatinger, or just experimenting? Either way, you are doing good work! You seem to have a sculptor's way, much like my buddy T. Jones...

Pa Fig

New in Town
Pa Fig, that is one tight pork pie crown! Did you steam it in?

Yes - good intermittent steam. I open all of the crowns on my restore work. The bulk of time is restructuring the crown, and cleaning it. On average I will run crown work through the entirety of my restore - with the finishing touches being the actual shape. Once the crown is ready to hold a shape - then I shape it. The Good old hats - around 7 days or so on a crown & they come out very nice.

Pa, you are showing some tight creasing skills! Are you reading Ermatinger, or just experimenting? Either way, you are doing good work! You seem to have a sculptor's way, much like my buddy T. Jones...

Thank you John. Not sure of Ermatinger - I revel with Whitman though. :)

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Greg your porkpie is gorgeous. The grossgrain is the right plus on the hat.
Panizza was an historical Italian hatter and Albertini one of the medium workmanship in the once huge Italian hats world.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ