Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Off Your Projects!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Been working on the bookcase I posted a while back so I thought I’d update things. Added panels in the bottom doors, and some molding around the base (to create a mock toe-kick) and on the cornice for visual interest. Because I was too lazy to build a new curved pediment, I cut out more wood from the backer-board (couldn’t pry the molding off) and then filled in the space with new wood and cut out a new shape that raised the finial higher. Gives it an older look I think. Still need to add the glass. I’m much happier with it. It’s been a great movable bookcase.

DSCF0530.jpg
DSCF0524.jpg

ModifiedBookcase.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Been working on the bookcase I posted a while back so I thought I’d update things. Added panels in the bottom doors, and some molding around the base (to create a mock toe-kick) and on the cornice for visual interest. Because I was too lazy to build a new curved pediment, I cut out the backer-board some (couldn’t pry the molding off) and then filled in the space with new wood and cut out a new shape that raised the finial higher. Gives it an older look I think. Still need to add the glass. I’m much happier with it. It’s been a great movable bookcase.

DSCF0530.jpg
DSCF0524.jpg

ModifiedBookcase.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21