Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

RJR

German Gonzalez, Master Distiller & cigar aficionado. It's a tough life, but somebody's gotta live it!

jgsal5.jpg

281swlj.jpg

6hhnde.jpg

155m3pw.jpg

k4zac7.jpg
You have to like that hat.

Not sure if this is the right place for this (I know the no political rule but that is not what I want)...
American Hat Company made a hat for Donald J. Trump.
My comment to the hat is... they could had used a better hatband.
trump1000x.jpg

Joao, I'm wih you on the hatband but it's very common to use a felted band on these high end western hats. The money is in the buckle set, probably 18-24k gold with a few encrusted jewels. Butch Dorer sells a hat with a felted band and either a gold or platinum buckle set with a few diamonds encrusted for a mere $10,000. I just got one of his lower end hats and it has a felted band with sterling silver appointments.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I'm wih you on the hatband but it's very common to use a felted band on these high end western hats. The money is in the buckle set, probably 18-24k gold with a few encrusted jewels. Butch Dorer sells a hat with a felted band and either a gold or platinum buckle set with a few diamonds encrusted for a mere $10,000. I just got one of his lower end hats and it has a felted band with sterling silver appointments.
Yes, but it's a bit... hidden... it's a thing on a hat you need to search. My Black Gold Resistols have it also and I find it a bit.... dull...

Charles Goodnight with his favorite buffalo bull 'Old Charlie'
View attachment 60418
There used to be a guy out of Ft. Worth that toured doing a one-man play as Charles Goodnight. He was really good & informative. Later actor Barry Corbin picked it up & did it for a while. I never saw Corbin in person but saw it on Public Television a time or two.

Locally we have reenactors that do William Quantrill, Frank James, & Cole Younger. The guy who did William F. Cody with a Wild West show retired (got too old) some yrs back. When he had his auction of props & Cody artifacts there were reenactors from all around the country who came. He had an all white horse that could do 11 tricks just like Cody's horse.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
There used to be a guy out of Ft. Worth that toured doing a one-man play as Charles Goodnight. He was really good & informative. Later actor Barry Corbin picked it up & did it for a while. I never saw Corbin in person but saw it on Public Television a time or two.
That must be why, whenever I hear the name "Charles Goodnight" (I think the character appears in Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove), I picture Barry Corbin.

That must be why, whenever I hear the name "Charles Goodnight" (I think the character appears in Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove), I picture Barry Corbin.
Of the four novels & miniseries making up the "Lonesome Dove" franchise, Charles Goodnight is only depicted in the sequel, "Streets of Laredo". He was played by James Gammon.

Got to run for now.

Charles Goodnight when he was about 30 yrs old & around the time he formed his partnership with Oliver Loving.

118m9so.jpg

One of the few pictures of Oliver Loving, since Loving died after the attack by Comanche Indians & having his arm amputated. Loving was ~20 yrs older than Goodnight.

2u54yyx.jpg

Charles Goodnight as played by James Gammon (RIP) in the miniseries "Streets of Laredo".

eio7f8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk