Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

Toby Riddle (rear center) with her husband Frank Riddle to her left, unnamed Indian Agent on her right; 4 other Modoc women in front taken around the end of the Modoc War in 1873.

2zz50qp.jpg

2d2hyqd.jpg

TheManInTheHat

One of the Regulars
Been reading some Terry Pratchett Si-Fi .
Went and googled him and found him always in a hat.

Looks like Federation IV.
Inspired me to buy one in carbon. Arrg hate these three month waits

Richard

So it's an Akubra? When I went to Lock Hatters last year, they claimed - among other things - that Pratchett always wore their hats.

TheManInTheHat

One of the Regulars
It's interesting to see all the different looks. As I review this thread, watch old movies and see old family pictures, I realize that some guys look great with the hat cocked to the side (James Stewart) or pushed way up and back (Howard Hughes). I can't pull 'any' of that off. I guess I'm not cool enough. LOL! I look absolutely ridiculous wearing my hat in any other style than squared away and down on the forehead. Any of you notice the same thing about yourselves?

Andy

It only looks ridiculous in the mirror! I bet other people think you look just fine! I find getting the right input from a helpful 3rd party enables me to pull off styles which, frankly, I wouldn't dare if I were basing my decision purely on what I see in the mirror. And many people don't even notice those hat angles.
By the same token, we can also make big mistakes by trusting the mirror. Think of the comb-over! I rest my case.

AndyR

One of the Regulars
It only looks ridiculous in the mirror! I bet other people think you look just fine! I find getting the right input from a helpful 3rd party enables me to pull off styles which, frankly, I wouldn't dare if I were basing my decision purely on what I see in the mirror

Good point regarding the mirror. I never thought of that. I'll have a couple of people look and see what they think, before I tell them what I think. The problem is, even if they like a certain look, unless I'm comfortable with it, it won't work, but it will be interesting to find out what others see.

JFK - famous hat hater - in his inauguration Topper. And a sequence showing the only time he was ever photographed wearing a cowboy hat, clearly showing respect to LBJ and to Texas. I've watched the film footage. It's on his head for less than a second. Blink and you miss it!

View attachment 54416 View attachment 54417
He was presented with the hat by Stetson. Mrs. Kennedy was presented with a pair of pink Tony Lama cowboy boots. She probably never had them on. Both are probably in the possession of the library or the Smithsonian today.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
JFK - famous hat hater - in his inauguration Topper. And a sequence showing the only time he was ever photographed wearing a cowboy hat, clearly showing respect to LBJ and to Texas. I've watched the film footage. It's on his head for less than a second. Blink and you miss it!

View attachment 54416 View attachment 54417
are they throwing hats at him ?

why can't that happen to me ?

Jack (John) S. Langrishe was an actor, impresario, and production manager of different theatres for 17 years before going to Deadwood in 1876. He arrived with his actress wife & his theatrical troupe where he opened his own theatre.

Now that is a hat for the hot sun, but not the wind!

r8zdhy.jpg

RJR

Jack (John) S. Langrishe was an actor, impresario, and production manager of different theatres for 17 years before going to Deadwood in 1876. He arrived with his actress wife & his theatrical troupe where he opened his own theatre.

Now that is a hat for the hot sun, but not the wind!

r8zdhy.jpg
Another "joao" special ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points