Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Vintage GERMAN Suits

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Not to muddy the waters too much, but here's a Greek suit.
IMG_0424.jpg

am i the only person who thinks the two buttons on this suit look too low ?

Mario

I'll Lock Up
...but you did say the suit above had been 'reserved for a private sale' ?

Yes, but I don't know under what terms. I mean, they do private sales - that's why they created the vintagesuits.de site, even though their main business is still the wholesale thing. I've been to their office twice and it's nothing like a shop. They have a few suits, pants and jackets there but the bulk of their collection has been stored in some large hall (two, actually). I've obviously only seen a tiny snippet of what they actually have in stock.

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Here is Finnish country suit

IMG_7913.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

IMG_7927.jpg

IMG_7918.jpg

IMG_7921.jpg

IMG_7923.jpg

Additionally I have found SB notchlapel jacket from different manufacturer with identifical cloth, color and backmodel. That makes this suit traditional country suit. It was available with straight legged, narrow leg and ridingbreeches. Unfortunaltely mine is breeches model so full suit is out of order in regular use.
IMG_7916.jpg

Last edited:

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Here is another Finnish suit. It's going to cleaner and I thought to show it now. Now is easier to see what some one did to it in the sixties and bit waistline canvas.

IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7935.jpg

IMG_7941.jpg

This detail is itresting, instead of felt MR Tuominiemi has opted to use same cloth instead:
IMG_7938.jpg

Trousers, in the second picture is easy to see how older trousers were altered to sixties modern skinny pants. I've got two suits with same alterations and one older seamstress said it was quite common practice.
IMG_7928.jpg

IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7945.jpg

Last photo shows canvas that strenghtens waistline area. Strong stuff.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks. I was just curious because of the metal buttons and the sturdy flannel. I think it reminded me of the Swiss Army stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ