Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm one of those that doesn't know how to crochet and I think it's such a beautiful art. Yes, you definitely deserve to be paid for your work and skill! :) And what better way to make money than doing something you love?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
lilypumpkin_101510.jpg

I've come up with five original flower styles, but this double frilled is the most popular.

Its adorable, and the picture is just too cute for words.

BoPeep

Practically Family
With Winter nipping at our heels, I decided to make quilt for my daughter's 3/4 bed. This is 100% wool taken from remnants and used clothes. She chose the pink variegated yarn to tie it. I used cotton batting and a wool plaid for backing. Warm and heavy! but she likes it!

Photo001.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I've been asked to do a couple of custom orders lately. First up, a newborn boy set (hat, mitts, booties):

boyslayetteset_120610.jpg

I was also asked to make an owl hat (modeled here by sweet Lilypie):

owlhat3_120710.jpg

Tonight, I'm working out how to make a hat for a UW Husky alum's baby. I'm thinking Husky puppy. :)

BoPeep

Practically Family
Once again, super cute pieces, Babydoll! (I adore scallops!)

Here's a hat I worked up from my own homespun yarn (this is lambswool from Gingersnap). I had white scallops around the whole outer edge, and it looked even MORE like a baby bonnet! :D Decided to stick with the same yarn throughout. I'd like to make more though to match some of my coats.

IMG_3314.jpg
IMG_3316.jpg

LollyWillowes

New in Town
SDC10143.jpg
[/IMG]
SDC10522.jpg
[/IMG]

I made these recently, I use a lot of old linen, cutting the good bits out of damaged items. It's a tribute to the women who made it, all those hours of work, only to lie abandoned today, seems such a shame. I find the tray cloths especially good to use, nobody uses them today and I find them in the charity shops.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lolly, if the article is damaged, I think it's a nice way to be able to re-use the lovely embroidery. I saw a gorgeous children's quilt cover made of embroidered squares cut from old pieces, so it resembled a patchwork one. Really sweet idea.

Babydoll, the Owl hat is brilliant! Oh, and your daughter is beautiful. :)

My Mother sent me a tablecloth to embroider in eau de nile green for Christmas, but it won't get done for some time. I have so many other projects to be getting on with and finishing. This year I was meant to finish alot of things. I had a good go at it but still lots to do!

Last edited:

annet

One of the Regulars
not very vintage, but i made my boyfriend a waldo hat:

Fotoop28-12-2010om11052.jpg

i haven't seen him so happy with anything since he made a deadline after three nights of work with no sleep.

maristella

New in Town
I made myself a purple shawl
5224503014_72382e13f6.jpg

and my mum liked mine so much she asked for one of her own, so I made hers in a light blue
5345930868_48f9f31508.jpg

The pattern is Ishbel by Ysolda Teague and is really quick and easy to make!

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer

and my mum liked mine so much she asked for one of her own, so I made hers in a light blue

They are beautiful… can I ask what yarn you used? It’s sooooo fine and I need some!

maristella

New in Town
Thanks! The purple is Madelinetosh sock in Lepidoptra colourway (a bit stupidly expensive) and the blue is Holst Garn Supersoft (from Denmark but the shipping wasn't too costly) in Surf. The Holst Garn is the thinner yarn being a 3ply as opposed to 4ply, but it's kind of stinky before washing and I'm not convinced it's really "supersoft".

HepKitty

One Too Many

Quick and easy? It's too pretty to be quick and easy, nice work! :)

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112