Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Simplicity 1598 (1945)

1924890_10152031655829164_1789625827_n.jpg

1044669_10152016495189164_62003529_n.jpg

Not one of my favourites. I'm not a fan of bodice gathers everywhere :/

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Amy Jeanne, you are so talented, compliments to you. My wife has been so busy making things for others that she seems to have forgotten why I built her a sewing cabin in the first place.
She has a gorgeous hat that is almost a replica of one that I saw on this Butterick Retro pattern:

So, with a bit of arm twisting she agreed to have a go at making herself that coat:

I must admit that I wasn't involved, but I did bring the material home, and as she hates any waste, it was a sort of Faite Accompli.
Here's the lining. My choice, do you like?

And here's the finished coat, as it will be worn, open neck style.

I'm fishing for compliments, no, seriously ladies, I have been trying and trying to get my talented lady to post on here, (she lurks a lot) so if you think her talent is worthy, do tell her. And, if you are feeling hungry, go to the: What's for dinner? thread. I do hope that you might be inspired to give the recipe a go.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That is absolutely a beauty, Amy. Very nice!
The choice of material somehow enhances the garment. Amy shows a true talent. Love it, love it, love it.

Your wife did a beautiful job! And I'm sure she'll get a lot of wear out of that lovely coat. Well done to her :)
Thank you lareine, your kind remarks will also be left in her sewing cabin, with a hint to say: "Hello."

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
One of my first projects of "upcycling" (I don't really like the word - do you have a better one for me?) that I did years ago:
I got this navy blue dress that my aunt wore as a hostess on some kind of fair in the late sixties or early seventies. I transformed it into a coat and applied some poodles that I made out of an off-white old fake leather jacket. There aren't many occasions to wear my poodle coat, but when I do, it's always a looker.

Shantel Morris

New in Town
Nothing to post as of yet i'm afraid, but I wanted to say how inspiring everyone's creations are! I'm just teaching myself to sew and i'm having a doozy of a time with it, looking through all these beautiful projects gives me hope for my own skills to get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider