• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Show us what you've made!

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Lady Day, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

That fit is fantastic!

2. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Thanks all! I made this one from 1944:

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 7.46.11 PM.jpg

ETA: lol Now it's too small!!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Bixie Bliss likes this.
  3. Nice job! You are so productive (not to mention talented)... it's making me jealous!

4. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Thank you girls! I made yet another dress from 1937!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the silly pose lol but it was actually the best picture!!

Bixie Bliss likes this.
  5. MarieAnne

MarieAnne Practically Family

These are all fabulous, look at you go! :eusa_clap

6. BettyMaraschino

BettyMaraschino Familiar Face

Amy Jeanne, I have to say you are fabulous :) those three dresses are amazing!! and yes Im a wee bit jealous right now lol. Think you just brought m out my sewing funk :)

7. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

HAHA!! Yes, make something awesome! I'm in the middle of a ca. 1975 dress (I won't post here...)

8. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Bixie Bliss likes this.
  9. waingirl

waingirl One of the Regulars

Just recently for my husband's Christmas party I made myself a party dress. I had 11 days to work on it and finished it in 9. Lol. It's from a 1962 dress pattern from Simplicity #4360. Fabric is a flocked taffeta in colbalt blue.

dress.jpg dress2.jpg dress3.jpg

dress4.jpg dress5.jpg

Bixie Bliss likes this.
  10. St. Louis

St. Louis Practically Family

Waingirl, that dress is gorgeous. Perfect color, pattern, fit, and styling.

Amy Jeanne, princess-seamed 30s frocks are probably the most flattering garments in fashion history. I'm astonished by your productivity! I'd like to know a little more about how you achieved that fit. Do you work from some kind of basic fitting muslin, or do you shape and grade each pattern by itself? I assume these patterns aren't all exactly your size when you begin working with them?

11. Miss 1929

Miss 1929 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just made this earl 30s Butterick pattern! Multidress.jpg

Bixie Bliss and queen of jacque like this.
  12. Miss 1929

Miss 1929 My Mail is Forwarded Here

The actual pattern (I ened up using even better buttons and buckle): Butterick5017.jpg

queen of jacque likes this.
  13. Sharpsburg

Sharpsburg One of the Regulars

Great work Miss 1929, and great to see you in the Lounge again. Long time no see!

14. It's beautiful... did you cover the buckle and buttons? Or was it coordinating? They are fantastic looking. :)

15. St. Louis

St. Louis Practically Family

That is some really fine detail work, Miss 1929. Those pointed elements on the front bodice, and the way the sleeves are attached at the shoulder, represents some difficult / tricky sewing. You did a wonderful job with that, and I especially like the choice and combination of fabrics.

Are those vintage buttons and buckle?

16. Sharpsburg

Sharpsburg One of the Regulars

Could someone tell me why my post was deleted? What rule did I violate by welcoming back a long lost poster?

There is little enough activity in this forum to delete a simple greeting.

17. I deleted it as the PR is ladies only; and we delete even "nice" posts by the gentlemen per the rules. I mistook your gender as being male, Sharpsburg, my apologies. I cannot see your gender on the system, I go by post history, profile pictures, and memory. I've reinstated it.

Again, I am sorry. If it happens again (to anyone who is female who has a post bizarrely disappear) please PM me, LizzieMaine, or LadyDay.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  18. I'm jealous of both your skill and your output, and I'm REALLY impressed with those shoes!! They're a work of art.

19. I don't usually sew (crocheting is my thing) but I made my daughter a dress for her 5th birthday. She's decided to wear it as her Easter dress as well.

[​IMG]

AmateisGal and Bixie Bliss like this.
  20. fgradowski

fgradowski One of the Regulars

My first unsupervised make and my first one using a vintage pattern! Advance 7729.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]