• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think my other material passion besides nice hats is guns! So let's see all those mechanical masterpieces! Any and all gun pics welcome just as long as you actually own the thing!

This picture is of my two revolvers. The top left is my Smith&Wesson .357 magnum w/6" barrel. I do carry that occasionally in the colder months with an overcoat. The bottom right is a Taurus .357 magnum 2" for my usual CCW.

I plan to purchase a 1911 Smith soon and, of course, would be happy to post pics.

2. Moderator's Note:

All --

This is a discussion of gun collections. Any posts that stray into questions about the appropriateness of gun ownership or similar political topics will be edited and/or deleted.

Thanks in advance for keeping this one on the tracks.

----Moderator's Edit----
    Zemke Fan is not currently Bartender for this area, but his words stand. Any questions regarding it should be directed to Paddy.

3. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Practically Family

Here's a pic of my Sharps, I also have a S&W #66 with a 6inch barrel and a Rossi snub nosed 38 and a Walther p-38. Bob.
  4. Here are a couple of my rifles. ;)

Rock River Arms LAR-15 .223 Rem. / Bushmaster heavy barrel with AK-74 type muzzle brake.

Arsenal SLR-95 7.62x39 Nice forged receiver.

5. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

Nice firearms guys.

Technonut, just a word to the wise, always make sure you keep your safety on especially with a mag loaded.
  6. Appreciate the advice... :) I made sure that the chambers were clear before I inserted the unloaded magazines for the pics.... ;) I have been handling firearms for over 30 years.. (Since I was 14 years old)
  7. A poor quality photo of a pair of Colt Detective Specials. The pimp grips are on a 1964 and the walnut grips are on a pistol made in 1968.

8. Atterbury Dodd

Atterbury Dodd One Too Many

I have an 1889 Smith & Wesson five shot auto-eject revolver (original) and an 1842 Springfield smoothbore repro. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures.
  9. Nice Colts Natty Bumpo... :) What kind of blade is that?
  10. Rooster

Rooster Practically Family

11. green papaya

green papaya Practically Family

NORINCO [Northern China Industries Corporation]

Chinese made copy of the GI M1911A1

Chinese Type 54-1 copy of the Russian TT33 Tokarev pistol

7.62x25 mm TOK

shown with extra 9mm conversion barrel, 9mm ammo is much easier to find , so I usually use the 9mm barrel.
  12. I defend my way of life with these:

The "Four Old Naked Ladies" - 1930s Conn M-series saxophones
  13. Those can be lethal in the wrong hands. :D
  14. thunderw21

thunderw21 My Mail is Forwarded Here

From an earlier gun thread:

15. green papaya

Bushmaster heavy barel with AK74 style muzzle brake

I had one of those BM shorty AK's with the same muzzle brake

I had to wear ear plugs & ear muffs [double hearing protection]

because of the excess blast / noise that blasts out the sides
  16. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

I really like those M-1 Garands. They seem to be getting harder and harder to find in my neck of the woods. Occasionally, some pawn shop will have one for sale for $1k. I like the gun, but I wouldn't pay that price. Supply and demand, I guess.

What is it like to fire the M-1, by the way? Is it pretty rough?

(ps I will be posting pics of my other guns at a later date, as soon as I can get pics of them. I should have done this long ago for insurance purposes anyway.)
  17. thunderw21

We got ours from a friend for $600, he built it out of parts he had sitting around.

The recoil isn't bad, less than the Mauser, Nagant and Arisaka but still has more than Saving Private Ryan and hollywood would have you believe. It's managable and one can easily fire aimed shots in very rapid succession. I love it. :D No M-1 thumb yet either.
  18. green papaya

I fired an M1 Garand and it felt similiar to firing an M1A / M14 rifle

since the M1A is like a Garand with a 20 rd detachable magazine
  19. thunderw21

Speaking of M1 recoil, here's a pic of me shooting one.
    An empty shell casing is hanging above the bill of my cap yet I pretty much already have the target sighted in. So the recoil isn't bad and doesn't hamper acquiring the target a great deal.

Yep, they feel similar. I would love to have an M1A, it's stinking heavy though.
    Here's something you might find interesting: an M1 that was converted, possibly during WW2, to accept BAR magazines. It even has a selector switch (in the same position as the M-14) and a piece above the receiver for reloading via stripper clips. So pretty much the M-14 was the logical development of the M1.