Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

1955mercury

One of the Regulars
Concerning the discussion on the vast assortment of gunshop personal. My Standard answer while employed in gunsmithing was "I dunno nuthin' and I can prove it!!!!"

Did I post a pic of this? My old compadre gave it to me. .38 Super. I pack it at the ranch in one of them El Paso Saddlery shoulder rigs.
he
That's a beauty Renault. Are those Ajax grips?

Renault

One Too Many
Sorry Sarge. Photobucket has been a thorn in my side for almost two months now. Cannot download photos or anything. And their support staff has been unresponsive! So unless I decide to use a different photo carrier, I suppose i won't be posting any more pics for a while.

1955mercury

One of the Regulars
Sorry Sarge. Photobucket has been a thorn in my side for almost two months now. Cannot download photos or anything. And their support staff has been unresponsive! So unless I decide to use a different photo carrier, I suppose i won't be posting any more pics for a while.
Is this the photo you were trying to upload Renault?
RenaultsPhoto.jpg

You don't have to host your photos on photobucket. You can upload them here by using the "Upload a File" option.

basbol13

A-List Customer
Concerning the discussion on the vast assortment of gunshop personal. My Standard answer while employed in gunsmithing was "I dunno nuthin' and I can prove it!!!!"

Did I post a pic of this? My old compadre gave it to me. .38 Super. I pack it at the ranch in one of them El Paso Saddlery shoulder rigs.
he
Real nice. A fantastic running piece of machinery that rivals any 1911 manufactured. Rock Island does a great job on their 1911's. All done locally in small shops. They also produce a satin nickle model, but I think the polished nickel has it beat. I believe this is a 1911 not a 1911 a1, I say this because they make the 1911 for Cimarron in the polished nickle. The only difference between the Cimarron and the Colt is the Cimarron logo is on it rather than the Colt logo.

Renault

One Too Many
LOL! No that's not the photo! But that's a good One 55Merc!!!

Basbol13
It's an A1. Got all the A1 stuff. Frame,main spg housing, safeties, hammer etc. I do have a Cimarron 1911. They are basically an A1 with and 1911 frame. I changed out the hammer, grip safety, thumb safety. All that is left on it that is A1 are the sights!

basbol13

A-List Customer

Basbol13
It's an A1. Got all the A1 stuff. Frame,main spg housing, safeties, hammer etc. I do have a Cimarron 1911. They are basically an A1 with and 1911 frame. I changed out the hammer, grip safety, thumb safety. All that is left on it that is A1 are the sights!

Basbol13

The Cimarron may not be a 100% 1911 copy, but it's the closest copy of any 1911 currently in mass production. It lacks the frame cutouts, has a smooth mainspring housing that hasn’t been raised, and has the small sights of the old Colts. In essence it’s built to look like a 1911 that was made in 1918. The Cimarron stays true to the style of the original Colts. The patent dates are there on the left side and there is a horse logo, not a Colt prancing pony, but the Cimarron horse and rider.
The checkering on the magazine release, slide lock and the recoil spring plug are not as fine as on the old Colts. The thumb safety is a lot different too and the trigger is a little short for a true 1911, but not as short as a 1911A1.
The magazine even has the loop to attach a lanyard to. Not like the 1911 a1 that has the bumper.

If a perfect copy is what you seek in a pre-Great War 1911 there are other ones out there. Turnbull and Cylinder and Slide have both made very true to original copies but be ready to pony (no pun intended) up the shekles. Or you can pay big bucks for an original. The Cimarron is the only true 1911 copy in its price range.

basbol13

A-List Customer
I haven't had a chance to shoot this one yet but it's got a nice feel to it.
View attachment 64118

View attachment 64119

View attachment 64120
The first pistol I ever bought was a GP 100. I like Ruger revolvers they are sturdy and well made. I think you will really enjoy shooting this weapon. Also, you'll find that you won't have any problem running .357 mags through it, though I'd rather use .38's instead for home defense as it's easier to come on line with a .38 as you'll have more recoil with the .357. The way I see it, I'd rather have accuracy and ability to get more rounds into my target.

basbol13

A-List Customer
As a side note 1955merc, The nice thing about the grip is that you can change the scales at a reasonable price if you don't like wood. Go to Altamont company http://altamontco.com and you'll find a plethora of scales. I myself prefer the bonded ivory. Also you can even get stag fairly reasonably $80.00 from Sack Peterson http://sackpeterson.com. Look around and you might find something better than the stock wood scales.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
My little friend...
zmi7ls.jpg

Is that the 640? I kick myself for not picking one of those up years ago when I had the chance too. I settled for a 442 with the stainless finish instead since I was carrying it for uniform back up. Then they dropped it in the 38 special and made it in .357 Magnum, but it just doesn't feel the same with the longer heavy barrel. I occasionally see one on the used market but the price tag has been 650 and up. The Centennial models are in my humble opinion some of the best deep concealment weapons ever made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ