Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Renault

One Too Many
What's up gang?

Just finished building this little Jäger.

(Hope pic comes thru. My how things change!)

Attachments

• IMG_4854.JPG
    IMG_4854.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 140

Renault

One Too Many
Nice one Sarge! Well done

I have been shooting flinters for quite a while. I just took a break from them. I think I have six total around the place. Was cleaning out my old shop and moving stuff into the new shop when I discovered a cache of old gunparts I've had close to 40 years! So I had to do something!

New rifle is a .40 round ball rifle. One of my fav calibres! Davis lock and no old Douglas barrel. It is a shooter too!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Could never get into muzzle loaders. I owned one once but sold it after a single hunting season. It was a caplock, though, not a flinter. What used to set me seriously dreaming was breechloading BP rifles! Huge ol' long cartridge with a paper patched cast lead bullet? Man, I used to scheme up ways to get into that. Never succeeded, though. Ended up acquiring Africana and vintage British doubles. This drilling, cute as it is, is purely pragmatic. I've heard that when elk hunting on the West slope of the coast range you can run into lots of grouse. I want to be ready!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I hunted with nothing but muzzleloaders for about 20 years. I started messing with them when I was a lad back in 1969. Never left my blood!!! I have more pics of some of them I suppose I can post. If that's not to boring.

Don't tease Bob....Those old muzzle loaders are things of beauty. Please feel free to share as many pics as you want. And it's good to hear from you again.

Kirk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui