Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

1955mercury

One of the Regulars
Went to a gun show today and only got a 1959 ladies Bulova watch like this one.
BulovaRhapsody.jpg

Then stopped at a gun store on the way back and purchased this 1990 Browning Hi-Power.
Browning-06Jan2018.JPG

I don't really know what Cooper meant by that...but the Hi-power fits my hand very nicely and seems finely balanced for me. I can shoot mine ( and other Hi-powers ) extremely well. I have shot many other 9MMs ( and also enjoyed the P-226 Sig ) but if I were to have only one, it would be the Browning.
HD

dmark

New in Town
Went to a gun show today and only got a 1959 ladies Bulova watch like this one.
View attachment 101168
Then stopped at a gun store on the way back and purchased this 1990 Browning Hi-Power.
View attachment 101169

3d323cefef6fe0387a8668583ad4f80f.jpg

Bought mine in ‘92 just before entering the police academy and carried it for many years before the department changed to 40s. I’ve done a little work on it...sites, hammer, trigger and grips. Maybe the queen reference is that she is a smaller frame 1911 and not the typical 45 cal. Nice gun, you will enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1955mercury

One of the Regulars
3d323cefef6fe0387a8668583ad4f80f.jpg

Bought mine in ‘92 just before entering the police academy and carried it for many years before the department changed to 40s. I’ve done a little work on it...sites, hammer, trigger and grips. Maybe the queen reference is that she is a smaller frame 1911 and not the typical 45 cal. Nice gun, you will enjoy it.

I'm drooling over your Kimber dmark.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Merc, that looks down right handy! Looking forward to a range report. Just finished putting together a rolling tool cart with a tool chest on top. Going to use it for storing handguns, tools etc. Saw Larry Potterfield using one and liked the idea.

EngProf

Practically Family
It's a free country and you can do what you want, but the idea of cutting off the barrel of an antique S&W, regardless of condition, gives me a real pain.
If someone told me they were getting a new puppy and planned to amputate one of his legs, I'd have the same reaction.

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
It's a free country and you can do what you want, but the idea of cutting off the barrel of an antique S&W, regardless of condition, gives me a real pain.
If someone told me they were getting a new puppy and planned to amputate one of his legs, I'd have the same reaction.

Haha yes, understandable. I’m now searching for one that has already been “mucked with”, so I can muck it up further with a mostly guilt free conscience :)

EngProf

Practically Family
I'm glad you didn't take offense.
There is a similar situation concerning a Garand I bought a long time ago. I would not cut up a good Garand myself, but I did buy one that someone else had converted to .308 and which used M14 magazines.
That was the time I originally thought off the puppy analogy - I certainly wouldn't cut off a puppy's leg, but if I saw a puppy which had been in an accident and had lost a leg, I'd consider adopting him and giving him a good home.

The S&W pictured appears to be a 1917 Commercial. The grips are not military for sure and that seems to a small S&W logo on the left side. (and those grips are superb)

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
The S&W pictured appears to be a 1917 Commercial. The grips are not military for sure and that seems to a small S&W logo on the left side. (and those grips are superb)

Yes, it’s a commercial model, built sometime prior to 1922. The frame was built for military use, and still has the eagles head inspectors mark inside the yolk, but after the war ended, pistols such as this one were completed and sold commercially.

EngProf

Practically Family
It took me years of looking to find my 1917 Commercial. Very rare around here. I had to buy two 1917 S&W's from the same guy (one military and one commercial) to get it.

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
This was a Gunbroker find. The listing and photos really did it’s condition injustice, so I got it for much less than I expect I should have haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk