Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
This is a stock photo but it is the model of rifle I had and sold. This could be another thread I suppose........"Guns that got away". I sold it and bought an AR. Wish I would have kept it. Pedersoli Rolling Block 45-70. It was heavy. So heavy, there was practically no recoil with the 45-70 round. Octagon barrel, I think 26". I may have to get another one someday. :)
gun, Dixie Gun Works, Buffalo Rolling Block $850.jpg

Woodsrunner79

New in Town
This is a stock photo but it is the model of rifle I had and sold. This could be another thread I suppose........"Guns that got away". I sold it and bought an AR. Wish I would have kept it. Pedersoli Rolling Block 45-70. It was heavy. So heavy, there was practically no recoil with the 45-70 round. Octagon barrel, I think 26". I may have to get another one someday. :)
View attachment 111206

I too have an affinity for heavy single shots. I'm still trying to find justification for a Shiloh Sharps rifle. I took a moose with an Italian repo when I was 20. Been in love with them ever since.

Model 1895 Winchester (made in 1922) in 30/06 with a Lyman Sight. Inherited this from an Uncle. I haven't shot it yet so I really don't have any experience with it. But it is just a cool rifle. I always wanted one of these after I saw a photo of Texas Rangers carrying them. :) View attachment 111287 View attachment 111288

Very cool. The ‘95 always makes me think of Teddy Rosevelt and his “big medicine” 405. It’s a under appreciated classic.

View attachment 111206

I remember when you could buy Remington rolling blocks in .43 Spanish for $50. Wish I would have bought a dozen. Pedersoli makes some fine reproductions!

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Do you have guns to show us Hadley? My wife loves to shoot so I know there are many women out there who are shooters. :)

Not that I know of but

I do have an antique gun from the 1870s or so..... very nice and lovely ....... I have it in the cabinet as an ormament ..haa

But if living in a dangerous place I would have no problem arming myself. No problem at all.

Absolutely people have to be armed! Teachers have to be armed! Shop owners etc.... you know what I mean.:)

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Not that I know of but

I do have an antique gun from the 1870s or so..... very nice and lovely ....... I have it in the cabinet as an ormament ..haa

But if living in a dangerous place I would have no problem arming myself. No problem at all.

Absolutely people have to be armed! Teachers have to be armed! Shop owners etc.... you know what I mean.:)
I agree. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I don't understand the tremendous dislike of firearms with a good percentage of the younger generation. Perhaps they simply weren't brought up with firearms. I've always been around them so it's not a big deal.
I think you are right. Many haven't grown up with them and are ignorant and brain washed about guns. Much of the info they get from mainstream media is incorrect so they aren't properly educated on firearms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider