• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Show us your home decor!

Discussion in 'Your Vintage Home' started by Amy Jeanne, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

I did a search and couldn't find any general home decor threads. Go ahead and merge/move if need be :D

These are from 2 years ago, but it still looks pretty much the same!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1941 buffet

[​IMG]
    We have a pinup theme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sewing alcove

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. A very nice home Amy Jeanne a nice mix of new practical with vintage, I especially like the brown furniture there something about real wood with is so nice.

3. I don't currently have a functional digital camera, but here are some random shots giving the general idea of my place:

My living room, furnished in "Early Found-On-The-Curb."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I rebuilt, resprung and reupholstered the couch myself -- raccoons had torn up the original covering, which was a Victorian brocade thing. The chair and hassock have provided a useful scratching post for three generations of cats, with Carol the current occupant. The console radio I got at a second-hand furniture place in 1984 for $5 delivered. Those were the days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kitchen hasn't changed much since these pics were taken, except I re-enameled the cabinets and wainscoting in the same shade of green a couple weeks ago - the previous paint was about thirteen years old, and was a bit worse for the wear.

I wouldn't dare to photograph my bedroom or bathroom for fear of repercussions with the Board of Health.

Attached Files:

4. What a delightful idea to post photos of our homes. I only have a small flat, but here are a few pictures I've just taken:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm currently refurbishing the lampshade, so it's looking a little rough around the edges at the moment.*
    [​IMG]

Wells likes this.
  5. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

My kitchen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Authentic 1940s cafe curtains:
    [​IMG]

My office. Picture is of my Grandmother.
    [​IMG]

1940s curtains on the windows
    [​IMG]

1940s typewriter
    [​IMG]

Reading corner, office
    [​IMG]

Mlle Elza likes this.
  6. Thanks Amy Jeanne for starting this thread. Fun idea :)
    OK, here's my little post war fibro house. She's tiny, but we love her.
    [​IMG]
    Lounge
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hall - the radio is a 1936 Airzone (Airzone was an Australian company that produced radios from 1925 to 1946)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Kitchen
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Edited to say I'm enjoying looking at everyones homes. Please keep sharing!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  7. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

I love everyone's place! Hehe -- I've always loved other people's home decor -- bit of nosey-ness, I guess ;) I see others have radios. Here's mine...a '34 Philco. It is under the pinups (with the faux candlestick phone on top):

[​IMG]

8. PrettySquareGal

PrettySquareGal My Mail is Forwarded Here

:p:)

9. That's one of a special line of radios designed by Norman Bel Geddes, one of the grand mucky-mucks of the American Art Deco movement -- they were top of the line for Philco that year, and are still very much in demand. Just gorgeous.

10. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

I couldn't believe I scored that radio. It was in a basement in an antique shop. There was a tiny sticker on it that said "35." At first I thought it was the year lol, but then I asked the owner. He told me that was the PRICE!! I took that baby home faster than you can say PHILCO RADIO.

11. I hope that's a strong desk! Those standard typewriters weigh a ton!

12. O2BSwank

O2BSwank One of the Regulars

I see we have some console radio fans. I think they have a a way of establishing the period look.
    Those and the cathedral table top models are iconic. Lizzie, your place is fantastic! It's what I would have imagined it to be!

13. vitanola

vitanola My Mail is Forwarded Here

Shame it is missing the radio.

It appears that you have a Red Lion radio desk, made for use with an Atwater Kent battery radio sometime in 1925, 1926 or 1927.

14. A cheap, veneered dresser I got for next to nothing. And one of my typewriters.
    [​IMG]

British cupboard I got my husband for his birthday a few years ago.

[​IMG]

15. Kitchen, with metal cupboards in dire need of repainting. Also, that electric range was an early 60s model, that has since been replaced with a smaller hand-me-down gas stove.

[​IMG]

Dresser and stuff.

[​IMG]

Before and after of my studio space (one of them, anyway).

[​IMG]

Touchofevil likes this.
  16. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Yes, I believe you are correct. I put my typewriter on it as I do not have the radio.

17. Pardon me for barging into the Powder Room, ladies, but I thought this might be of interest. Not a full review, but as we're selling our beautiful old home, I'm trying to collect my favorite elements on Pinterest: 156 W Adams Design Elements.

18. Isis

Isis One of the Regulars

What lovely homes you have! Most of our furniture are vinatge and we are slowly pulling our home together to be a bit more thought through, even if we hop around a little through the ages from room to room. The bathroom is currently being re-done and will have a bit of an Art Deco flair to it, the bedroom is 1940's and one day we hope to have a 1950's kitchen. We live in a 1954 apartment and a lot of original decor is still there. I wrote a guest blogpost awhile ago about my home with a fem pictures here:

http://rosewater.typepad.com/blog/2...e.html?cid=6a017615842c69970c017d3bd5882c970c

[​IMG]

The radiogramophone was bought by my maternal grandparents in 1955 and is in perfect working order.

19. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

I moved into a 1920s, apartment building in January. Im nearly finished with the decorating.

[​IMG]

This above is my living room/sewing area. I finally got my royalchrome furniture finished so its all set up and complete. The covers are on the couches because of the cat.

[​IMG]

The bathroom is my favorite. I just love it!

[​IMG]

In the living room, here is this nook that was most likely for a murphy bed (the building was originally a hotel). I'm using it for my illustration area.

[​IMG]

This is the shelf outside my bathroom. I put all my children's book here and the top shelf is a lot of my vintage collection.

I have more images here.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h76/shelleymariejo/my apartment/

20. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Love everyone's homes!! :D