Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
First off I apologize to everyone as I don't have a vintage motorcycle.

I have a 2007 Shadow Aero 750 which is all I could afford, and is a "cruiser" style of motorcycle that kind of looks like motorcycles from long ago.

l_305116d82acd0c31b52063f2fc27e764.jpg

I love older styled bikes, and somewhere have a photograph on my grandmother sitting on a vintage motorcycle in pre-WWII Germany. :)

So if you have an older bike, make me jealous!

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Yes, but the Shadow does have very classic lines. It's an excellent bike.

I'm currently riding a CB250. This is it pictured below in my front yard. I have a windshield on it now, engine bars, and also ride with a tank bag. I'll be getting a rear rack for it in a couple of days. I am what's called a "re-entry" rider. I picked the CB250 because it is closer to the rides I remember from the 60's when I first got into bikes. The CB250 of course has the smaller displacement engine, air-cooled, carburetor, cable choke. I will probably step up to something like a V-Strom 650 in another year or two, but only after I get a dirt bike like a Yamaha XT225. I am also interested in getting a 60's Triumph Bonneville, but only as a show/hobby bike.

Glad to see other riders here.

Scoot safe,

M8

CIMG1140crop.jpg

merkman

Familiar Face
trail90.jpg

1970 Honda Trail 90. Lots of fun. Rode these in the early 60's
Found this one for $250!

MM_1965_CL77_cycle.jpg

1966 Honda CL77 Scrambler. One of the best sounding bikes of all time.
Will vibrate your fillings out! Sold mine last year to a guy in Florida. I should have kept it but , not prctical to ride these days and worth too much......

vfr800.jpg

Current ride, the best all around bike on the planet.
2000 Honda VFR Interceptor 800. I love this bike. Fun in the twisties and good to tour with.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
It's amazing how engine size has changed since we were kids in the 60's. Back then a 250cc was an intermediate bike. Most were riding bikes smaller than that and the only folks that had the really big bikes were the police and the One Percenters. Both in the US and Europe, bikes have now gone big. Everywhere else in the world I go bikes are still small.

That Honda CL77 Scrambler is a cool bike. I think it was Honda's attempt to displace the old Triumph Scrambler (same high pipe style). Honda really made an impact in the US during the 60's. It's like it redefined the whole US market and ate into the traditional markets and nearly put Harley out of business.

Speaking of Harley, I read some stats the other day that has them at slightly over 50% of the US market. What a comeback!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Okay, not a true motorcyle per se, but actually a motorized bike. Here's what sits in my garage, awaiting warmer weather. It's a modified Whizzer WC-1 called a "Cruzzer". Picture a 45mph moped and you can get an idea of what I mean by modified...
100_0613.jpg

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
KilroyCD,

Wasn't that the bike that Pee-Wee Herman went looking for in the basement of The Alamo? lol That bike in your photo and the One Percenter talk in the jacket thread now has me thinking about that tequila dance that Pee-Wee did on that bar lol

So where did you get that thing? It looks fun.

M8

P.S. Nice looking dog at the door!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Martinis at 8 said:
KilroyCD,

Wasn't that the bike that Pee-Wee Herman went looking for in the basement of The Alamo? lol That bike in your photo and the One Percenter talk in the jacket thread now has me thinking about that tequila dance that Pee-Wee did on that bar lol

So where did you get that thing? It looks fun.

M8

P.S. Nice looking dog at the door!
You know, I might be the only person to have never seen a Pee Wee Herman movie. I've only see references to his bike being pedal-power only. I've seen photos of his bike on other forums, and it's pretty wild looking.
This was purchsed from a guy a couple hours away from where I live. I'm not sure where he originally got it. I also have another Whizzer, an NE-5 model sitting in the garage. That needs to have the belts replaced as they're oil soaked. That one was bought on eBay, and the seller didn't drain the oil before disassembling and shipping. I'll post a pic once that one's up and running.
BTW, the dog is my Springer Spaniel Cocoa, who unfortunately is afraid of the bike.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
KilroyCD said:
You know, I might be the only person to have never seen a Pee Wee Herman movie. I've only see references to his bike being pedal-power only. I've seen photos of his bike on other forums, and it's pretty wild looking.
This was purchsed from a guy a couple hours away from where I live. I'm not sure where he originally got it. I also have another Whizzer, an NE-5 model sitting in the garage. That needs to have the belts replaced as they're oil soaked. That one was bought on eBay, and the seller didn't drain the oil before disassembling and shipping. I'll post a pic once that one's up and running.
BTW, the dog is my Springer Spaniel Cocoa, who unfortunately is afraid of the bike.

I had assumed you saw the movie. My quip was for the sake of humor. It was of course a power-pedalled bicycle in the movie. I thought the movie was a perversion when it first came out. In fact I was outraged by it lol Over the years I have grown to like it.

Are these Whizzers new, old, vintage, or what? They are a curiosity.

M8

2003 1200C Sportster 100th Ann.

100_0304.jpg

100_0308.jpg

Out of all the Triumphs...Kaws....and Harleys I've owned over 40 yrs this is my fav. I've found my niche. Summertime rides all over Indiana...Ohio...Mich..KY...Tenn...this is the bike for me!

HD

Moby

Familiar Face
Well, my normal ride is a 1980 Honda CB 750F. But here is a motorcycle I sold 3 years ago. Yes, it's a motorcycle. It's called a Pulse Autocycle. There were about 350 of them made between 1980 and 1990.

pulse6.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Martinis at 8 said:
It's amazing how engine size has changed since we were kids in the 60's. Back then a 250cc was an intermediate bike. Most were riding bikes smaller than that and the only folks that had the really big bikes were the police and the One Percenters. Both in the US and Europe, bikes have now gone big. Everywhere else in the world I go bikes are still small.

That Honda CL77 Scrambler is a cool bike. I think it was Honda's attempt to displace the old Triumph Scrambler (same high pipe style). Honda really made an impact in the US during the 60's. It's like it redefined the whole US market and ate into the traditional markets and nearly put Harley out of business.

Speaking of Harley, I read some stats the other day that has them at slightly over 50% of the US market. What a comeback!

It is rather ironic. People ride less for transportation over long distances these days, so why is it that smaller bikes were considered suitable "tourers" back then? Interestingly, the japanese actually downsized engine capacity in a way, coming out with smaller displacement bikes that revved higher, to compete with the british tourers.

I owned and now own a gain, a 66 450 honda black bomber. It was the first serious competition to the British 650s and 750s. It was the first Japanese bike to compete in what was considered the provence of the Brits and Italians and Germans.

In my younger years I bought, fixed up, and sold about twenty old hondas. They wre my great love.

160, 250, and 305 dreams, and superhawks.

Never had any scramblers. Didn't care for them as much. But I find it interesting to note that then and now, those are the big money bikes. Reason being that those were the most popular in a still rather rural america of the time. So they are the most nostalgia worthy.

WHen Honda came out with their brit styled 450 black bomber, it sold poorly in the US. But two years later when they modified it into a scrambler, it became one of the best selling bike of all time. Big leap in technology. Twon, overhead cams, torsion bars instead of springs for the valves, and revved, in theory, up to 10,000. quite amazing for the time. My current one is a restoration project which I hope to complete someday.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Martinis at 8 said:
Man! I remember when the CB750 Four came out. It was like a revolution! :)

Never liked the look of the 750 honda over the sixties hondas with the chrome tanks. Too seventies for me back in the eighties. But I kind of dig the seventies hippie vibe to them now, candy apple colors etc.

ANd I can really appreciate what a revolution it was. Disc brakes, 750 4 cylinders etc. If the british industry was not dead yet, this bike made sure to finish the job. Shame for that old venerable industry.

Luddite

One of the Regulars
One on 'em...

Earles-fork BMW R50. I have a few more, too. Hopefully I will be getting something a little more Golden Era later this year.

r50.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points