Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

1930s Dunn & Co.

Look at all that top stitching!!!

DunnOvercoat1.jpg
DunnOvercoat2.jpg

DunnOvercoat3.jpg

Button to keep rear vent closed.

DunnOvercoat4.jpg

The labels.

DunnOvercoat5.jpg

This is about a size 38-40 and is for sale.

bk

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Off course I can not guaratie wethere the story of the re-found roll of cloth is true or just advertising. I went for it anyway - because I like a good story!
But I can tell you that the duffel is both think, stiff, heavy and coarse.
And not at all high quality, soft wool.
So there just might be some thruth in it...

Sorry if I sounded a little off hand, Spitfire- didn't mean to at all.
Finding something 60 yrs old is always a good marketing yarn- heard it so many times before- unearthed this, abandoned warehouse in Russia...
I like them but I get sore shoulders with too much weight, guess I'm not an overcoat person.

B
T

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not vintage, but made in Thailand as the same time as my two suits. Black cashmere. I'll be wearing it soon enough. I'd like to get a Tweed now that I am wearing more browns.

This is a couple years ago and I had a case of the bottle flu.

smallerguy.jpg

Vintage Betty

Women's Overcoats

This project actually took me 3 days to accomplish.

One day of rounding up the coats.
The second day of cleaning them.
The thrid day of photographing them.
I hope you appreciate what I martyr I am! :D

Comments welcome and encouraged!

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #1 - Luba 1940's Woman's Wool Overcoat.
Notice the fantastic cut and sleeves.

overcoat1a.jpg
overcoat1b.jpg

overcoat1c.jpg
overcoat1d.jpg
overcoat1e.jpg

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #2 - 1940's WW2 Wartime Nurses Wool Cloak

Note the Initials of the original owner above the label. This is in excellent condition, and note the placards (?) can be moved according to the amount of closure the woman wants on the cloak.

overcoat2a.jpg
overcoat2b.jpg
overcoat2c.jpg

overcoat2e.jpg
overcoat2d.jpg
overcoat2f.jpg

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #3 - Montaldo's 1920 Plush Velvet Opera Coat

I purchased this from a vintage clothing shop in Atlanta, GA. I overpaid for it, but it fits perfectly with no alterations. The satin lining was shattered when I purchased it, and the store actually ripped out a panel and poorly re-stiched the label onto the interface. I haven't had the interior lining remade yet. Note the buttoned sleeves.

overcoat3a.JPG
overcoat3b.JPG

overcoat3c.JPG
overcoat3d.JPG

overcoat3e.JPG

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #4 - 1930's Man's Style Overcoat with faux hankie pocket and Victorian puff sleeves. This overcoat has no labels on it, just a handwritten number on a tiny label. Due to its odd nature, I'm assuming it was a commissioned item. Note the deco man's-style lining of material.

overcoat4a.jpg
overcoat4b.jpg

overcoat4c.jpg
overcoat4d.jpg

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #5 - 1940's Woman's Peabody House Wool Cloak from Joseph magnin. A fairly typical woman's wool cloak of the era. Some nice touches, with the tilted pockets and inverted triangles to show off the shoulders.

overcoat5a.jpg
overcoat5b.jpg

overcoat5c.jpg
overcoat5d.jpg

overcoat5e.jpg
overcoat5f.jpg

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #6 - 1920's Velvet Opera Cloak with Raunched Collar. Note the button clasp under the collar.
If someone is interested, I'd consider selling this cloak.

overcoat6a.JPG
overcoat6b.JPG

overcoat6c.JPG
overcoat6d.JPG

overcoat6e.JPG

overcoat6f.JPG

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #7 - 1930's Addis Company Stretch Overcoat. I purchased quite a bit from a dealer via mail, and he threw this in sight unseen with one of my orders, saying "I think this will fit you" and "you are probably the only person I know who will fit this".

He sold it to me for $35, and this is probably the single most used item in my vintage wardrobe. I've had it repaired twice, the lining is shattered, and I plan on having it re-made once I've worn it out. Actual color on this and all black overcoats are deep, rich black.

overcoat7a.JPG
overcoat7b.JPG

overcoat7c.JPG
overcoat7d.JPG

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #8 - Golden Bee Silk and Rayon Embroidered Coat. This is definately an item made for export. I'm not sure if this is 1950's or 1960's so I'm including it anyway. Probably made to be part of lounging pajamas during the 1950's. I've worn it once or twice, but I'm too chicken to wear it in case something happens to it.

overcoat8a.jpg
overcoat8b.jpg

overcoat8c.jpg
overcoat8d.jpg

overcoat8e.jpg
overcoat8f.jpg

overcoat8g.jpg

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #9 - 1920's Quilted Plush Velvet Opera Overcoat. I'd never seen a quilted 1920's opera overcoat, so when I chanced upon this in a vintage store, I grabbed it. I changed the plain 1920's velvet button to another 1920's plastic button because the velvelt button is too hard to undo when I am wearing gloves.

This is the overcoat I wore to the Bing's event in the East Bay in April.

overcoat9a.JPG
overcoat9b.JPG

overcoat9c.JPG
overcoat9d.JPG

Vintage Betty

Overcoat #10 - Jill Jr 1940's-style Wool Overcoat.

This was already posted in this thread, but I decided to re-post this overcoat to keep the collection "together". I purchased this for $5 in a thrift store recently, and can't find any problems - it fits perfectly.

jill_jr_coat.jpg
jill_jr_coat2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk