Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I like them both, Michael, but prefer the green top coat with the green suit, green hat band, etc.
It was a tough choice Doug, but I did decide to go with the loden. So a whole lotta green going on today. It was a fitting choice in other ways as well. I think the loden coat and suit and hat are all around the same age. And the loden and the hat are both German.

Thanks,
Michael

Hal

Practically Family
...I did decide to go with the loden...a fitting choice in other ways as well. I think the loden coat and suit and hat are all around the same age. And the loden and the hat are both German.
From the description of the conditions you faced, I'm sure this was the right choice, not only for the reasons given by you and Doug, but because you would have needed the warmth of a woollen coat which also had water-resistant qualities. You might have been a bit cold in the cotton Burberry coat.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
From the description of the conditions you faced, I'm sure this was the right choice, not only for the reasons given by you and Doug, but because you would have needed the warmth of a woollen coat which also had water-resistant qualities. You might have been a bit cold in the cotton Burberry coat.
Yes, I think it turned out to be the right choice. Today is overcoat weather too. Maybe the last day of the season as it's supposed to start warming tomorrow.
5-1-2017 Today's Clothes Overcoat Edition by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I decided on the Diamond Leathers trench for the windy and misty conditions
DSCN2497 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2499 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

Max30

New in Town
Fastuni sold me sometime ago a beautiful 1930-40's German Ulster coat, the fabric is Brown tartan, wool lining with satin lining for sleeves and upper body. I really love this coat Here I'm wearing it with an original Stadion Fedora Fastuni sold me too and a three piece wool suit reproduction made from an original 30's pattern.
IMG_7193.JPG
IMG_7192.JPG
IMG_7199.JPG

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto