Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Pipes

waffle

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure if a thread like this already exist, but considering we have so many "show us.." threads on here for so many different items, I figured.. why not?

So, here's my formal invitation for all members.

Also welcome: pipe racks, pipe accessories, pipe tobacco and anything else related to pipe smoking.

shortbow

Practically Family
Sure hope this one takes off. I can't show mine 'cause I'm computer challenged, but would love to see lots of pipes, can never have or see too many.

waffle

One of the Regulars
shortbow said:
Sure hope this one takes off. I can't show mine 'cause I'm computer challenged, but would love to see lots of pipes, can never have or see too many.

email me a couple, i can post them for you.. we need to get this one going :)

waffle

One of the Regulars
my two petersons.. all i have for now
IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

my corona old boy..
IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

shortbow

Practically Family
Sorry Old Man, no can do. I have neither a digital camera nor the expertise to run one.

I love that bent bulldog, I mean love it. If you ever want to sell/trade it please pm me first.

I'm also envious of your Corona, have wanted one for a coon's age, but always seem to find other things to spend my meager supply of shekels on. I spent myself into the poor house this spring on a great sidelock 12 gauge. I have determined to send for one soon however, should my canoe come in.

I'm surprised no one else has jumped in. Hope it heats up.

G MAN

One of the Regulars
Here are my pipes,The first three are from a small shop in Rome called Becker & Musico
One from a local guy named John Calich and a Peterson

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

waffle

One of the Regulars
shortbow said:
Oy, just hadda looksee on my fave baccy emporium at 4noggins. Is that pipe of yours an 'Aran'?

Yes, yes it is. I purchased it used, over ebay.. don't remember the price, but it was worth it, I love it sometimes more than my system pipe. I usually use the Aran when mobile and the system pipe when having a nice sit and smoke. The system also has a longer smoke (bigger bowl). If I do ever decide to let it go, you definitely will be the first to know. :)

waffle

One of the Regulars
G MAN said:
Here are my pipes,The first three are from a small shop in Rome called Becker & Musico
One from a local guy named John Calich and a Peterson

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

nice collection! I'm digging the second one (looks massive!) and the the last.. very cool. I only have two, but would love to add some to my rotation sooner or later. Ebay is addicting.. I try to stay away.. lol. How long did it take you to get all of your pipes?

psugrad98

One of the Regulars
waffle said:
my two petersons.. all i have for now
IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

my corona old boy..
IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

Oooh, I like that pipe pouch. 2 pipes and some tobacco. Very nice. Recently started smoking pipes more seriously. Been smoking cigars for years though. will post some pics soon.

shortbow

Practically Family
Cheers, waffle.

Several years ago I bought a couple of estates and the guy threw in a couple of cobs. I just ignored them until yesterday, when I tried a few bowls and did some reading on these nicely plebeian smoking machines. You would not believe how cool and dry they smoke. I also found a guy who makes replacement lucite and vulcanite bits for the Missouri Meerschaums. Always new stuff to learn.:D

Hope we see lots of weird and wonderful freehands on here.

waffle

One of the Regulars
shortbow said:
Cheers, waffle.

Several years ago I bought a couple of estates and the guy threw in a couple of cobs. I just ignored them until yesterday, when I tried a few bowls and did some reading on these nicely plebeian smoking machines. You would not believe how cool and dry they smoke. I also found a guy who makes replacement lucite and vulcanite bits for the Missouri Meerschaums. Always new stuff to learn.:D

Hope we see lots of weird and wonderful freehands on here.

really? .. well, I've been eying a cob pipe for some time.. with your opinion noted, I think I might get one sooner than later. Good thing they're affordable.. lol

cheers

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Here's a few of mine (the coin is a 50 cent piece, not a dollar):

A pioneer calabash, probably 1960s
DSC04474.jpg

An antique calabash with a silver cap over the meerschaum bowl. I haven't figured out the age from the hallmarks yet
DSC04473.jpg

A Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen. I looked everywhere for this when I was last home, but I can't find it. Packed away in a box somewhere, I hope!
DSC04601.jpg

All these are packed away while I'm at school. My regular smokers are all average. I need to find a new straight pipe, though, my current one developed a burnout.

shortbow

Practically Family
Real beauties, Nick. I quite admire calabash's. Last time I tried to quit I gave away my whole collection and a nice 'bash was in there.:eusa_doh: They sure smoke nice, and they've got to be the coolest looking pipes out there.

BTW waffle, if you get a cob I would like to hear your thoughts on the smoking qualities.

phinz

New in Town
Dr. Grabow Starfire

4494635025_ffc04906f2.jpg

Boswell Freehand

4494635137_574ba3bd7c.jpg

Blackwell Lovat/Dublin

4485235568_cb55674feb.jpg

Tinsky Lovat

4484583433_53d3b53358.jpg

Peterson of Dublin, London-made

4485234726_31e5be7eee.jpg

Kaywoodie Streamliner

4535904309_d44f360cec.jpg

Boswell Rusticated Billiard

4536539192_f16848e134.jpg

Peterson 9k Gold Spigot Mount

4530428687_4c8fa14e9c.jpg

A very old picture of the collection. I now have over 100 pipes, the top shelf is full of tins and the second shelf is full of jars. The bottom shelf is now all cleaning/lighter/etc. supplies. I also have two more cabinets. One holds pipes and pouches, the other holds pipes and pipe tools.

4438649433_6fb3bf77c5.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Nice collection! That Dr Grabow has a great shape. Three of my favourite, go-to pipes have been Dr Grabows. Goes to show that if a pipe is a drugstore brand, it can still be a good pipe.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I only have two, an old cheapie briar that I picked up in 2002 (when I started) for $NZ35 and a Peterson which I bought here in Melbourne just last December.

Sorry too lazy to take pics but here's my newish Peterson which is a lovely pipe to smoke...

597-Pipe_1.jpg

waffle

One of the Regulars
Smithy.. great pipe!

phinz.. you are my hero. lol. that pipe collection is amazing! hopefully I will have a collection to rival your own one day.. :)

very nice pipe restoration job as well.. do you sell the pipes you restore?

waffle

One of the Regulars
shortbow said:
BTW waffle, if you get a cob I would like to hear your thoughts on the smoking qualities.

I did get your email, and as per your recommendation, I just purchased this beaut...

8a0998b7e54fd8bf3191ae51523b9862.jpg

I will get back on here with a picture or two of the pipe when I receive it, along with a review of how the break in smoke went :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112