Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hey gals,

I know we love to shop- it's sort of an inborn female quality, I think. I thought it might be fun to show off our new purchases. Please post links (of closed auctions, stores, etc), pics, etc here!

Here's one of my recent wins:
SXB80271049.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8353734019&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Can't wait to see what you've got ;)

Trickeration

Practically Family
pict12474mj.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/photo/446120650/514980260zBLFFa

I just got these glass bead garlands at the thrift store the other day. 3 of them are 8 feet long and one is 7 feet. They have a few broken beads that I need to remove, then I'll tighten up the strings some. I already had just barely enough to do our whole tree, now I can do it right. The bag with all 4 strands was $1. Trix

PS: Yeah! I think I got the picture thing figured out!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Oh Lauren! I LOVE your hat! And your new icon is gorgeous!

Trickeration -- are you doing your tree up in vintage? You have to post a picture of it when you're done, I'd love to see it :)

~ Queenie.

Trickeration

Practically Family
Hi Queenie,
Yes, we do our tree vintage (1950's and earlier), except for the lights and a few ornaments that have sentimental value. We even use lead tinsel! I promise to get some good pictures up here soon. :) Trix

Lauren

I started doing up my tree 50's last year as well- I found lots of vintage bulbs at the salvation army then went to target and got some vintage repros and boxes of tensel. I would tell people the 1950's threw up on my tree. Hehe.

Lauren

I want to make that navy and white suit whenever you're done with it .... :D

Vanessa and I have a constant pattern swap wish list with one another.

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Yes, it is a sickness. Sometimes I think the only reason I bother to SELL vintage is so I'll have money in my paypal account so I can BUY it!

Recent purchases:

From eBay, these crochet gloves that turned out to be far nicer than the photo in the auction showed. Sometimes it pays to take a chance!

crochet.jpg

From a friend that owns a vintage store. I trade cheap 70s finds for things like this:

30sgown.jpg

30sgown2.jpg

30sgown3.jpg

And it's a long time until summer, but I couldn't resist this cute set I found on a website:

shorts.jpg

Here's to lots of great finds for all of us!

Lizzie

Lauren

Lizzie, those things are FABULOUS!!! Oh my goodness, I love the summer suit, and the details on the robe! And those gloves are sooo deco. I think I have to wipe the slobber off the keyboard now...

(and I know what you mean about the selling to be able to buy ;) which reminds me I need to get busy!)

decodoll

Practically Family
All of your purchases are wonderful!!

That hat, Lauren, is gorgeous!!!

Tickeration, I'd love to see a picture of your tree all done up.

Vanessa, I love the bottom McCall pattern!

Lizzie, All your finds are super cute!

Here is a picture of one of my latest purchases :) :
dressing_gown.jpg

MJistheBOMB

New in Town
:)

3a_1_b.JPG

I just got this AWESOME 50s rockabilly shirt on Ebay :). I can't WAIT to wear it with a sexy pencil skirt :cool:

I love all of your purchases, girls...so pretty :). I see those patterns on Ebay all the time....maybe I need to start buying them so I can make my own clothes....when I learn to sew. LOL.

Monique

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I just bought this vintage 50s wide brim straw and we used it for a recent photoshoot that I was hired to do the hair for.
Here's the hat and a couple of pics from the shoot:
I thought the second pic looked like something out of a 1950's edition of Vogue or Harper's Bazaar.

437a0f3a5ba90.jpg

4378dcd9cbf6f.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
I have just recieved one of my recent purchases a beautiful black 'Harrods' London suit :) . It is so much nicer in real life, than in pictures (as is the case with most vintage items)

03_1_b1.jpg

Lauren

I love seeing everyone's pretty things!!

Here's my new hat I won on Ebay this morning :) Gotta go 40's to Capistrano now!
birdhat.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
I love that hat!! What a fab purchase! I don't know what I would do without Ebay!!!

Lauren

Pattern Crazy. Ok, I'm bad- but I got these last night:
6480%2032.jpg

6516%2032.jpg

6763%2032.jpg

6685%2034.jpg

Ok, now the visions I had when I saw these patterns...
The tunic NEEDS to be in gold lame- kind of like something Katharine Hepburn would wear in her 30's films... with a long black satin skirt.

The Jacket totally reminds me of Myrna Loy in Broadway Bill. With a slim skirt or pair of man-styled trousers it would be perfect.

The Suit needs to be a wide tan plaid for the coat and jacket with a smaller weave of brown and tan for the skirt. I'm thinking something along the lines of Gosford Park. Hopefully this will be done in time for the Day at the Races!

The last one is SO deco. I want to do the one on the left in a hunter green solid wool for the jacket, and the skirt in a red plaid. Well, that may call for an alternate skirt pattern, but I think it would be prefect. And for the jacket either BIG red or gold buttons.

And there you have it :)

Crookshanks

New in Town
I had written a long reply and was just about to post it when I started to cut and paste with the images and it all disapeared with a magical *poof* :(
Typical! Unfortunately I don't have the patience to re-write it but I was saying something like, I love all of your purchases and wish I could see Laurens latest hat purchase but the picture is broken and then I had some questions but never mind, another time. *grumpy*

Anyhow, here's my contribution to the list of vintage purchases. I had to mixture with the brightness and contrast of the picture so that you can see the details. The dress is pitch black, even though it looks greyish, and the rosette and the ribbon above the hem is velvet and even more pitch black, if that's possible ;)
I love it but find it hard to match hats, gloves and other things to it because of the really black black. I don't want it to look like I'm going to a funeral but adding a colour is even more difficult.

Greetings!

blackdress25co.jpg

blackdresscloseup9av.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
Wow! That dress is FAB! Is it another ebay purchase?;) :)
I think if you wore that dress to a dance, you could get away with just wearing it with a black purse and a pair of black shoes (or even a pair of killer balck platforms!!) and not even have to bother trying to find a matching hat.

Lauren

what a perfect little black dress! Looks like something a starlet would have worn!

I guess my seller took down the pics. I'll post more when I get it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider