Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

maisie

Practically Family
All of you have such great purchases!!
I recently purchased this dress, from ebay!! It is so fab, I was taking a risk with the measurements, but it came and fits like a dream, which is somethimes hard to find with 30s dresses as the hips are so small!! And it FAR nicer in person as you can't see the detail in the photo, also the colours much softer, more of a dark peach.

e6_11.jpg
ab_11.jpg
d8_11.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
Oh my gosh, that is BEAUTIFUL. I love the buttons, and the color! Fabulous! I'd love to see you in it!

Unfortunaly I had to take the buttons off the shoulders because they had gone darker than dress (a common problem with light coloured dresses with fabric button:cry: ) But it still looks fantastic without! I'm just so pleased it actually fits!! I will see if I can get some picture of me wearing it this weekend.

That beret,by the way, is lovely! I was watching that, and was thinking of bidding, but I don't really have anything that would go with it!:cry: Most of my 30's stuff is summer dresses or suits that go with the womens style fedora.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ha! How funny we were watching the same thing. I think we may have done this six months ago, but we should share our ebay user ids so I won't bid against you guys! That would be awful!

I'm sorry about the buttons, but it's still a fabulous dress! What are you going to this weekend that warrants wearing it? I love the ladies style fedoras but don't really own any yet. I'm trying to keep my eyes open. I love the sporty 30's look with suits and seperates and the fedoras or berets, or those cute little tilt hats.

No pictures of the inside of the beret yet, I just won it yesterday and snagged it from Ebay!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New dress

I just won this Friday night. From what I have read and seen it looks like the late 30's, but I'm really not sure, what do you all think? Either way, I have a wedding to go to next weekend, and I'm looking forward to getting a chance to wear it.

maisie

Practically Family
That pattern is lovely, I've been looking at all the fab patterns on ebay and there are some lovely ones!!!:)
I particulary want to get a trouser suit made up, as I'm 5'9" it is extremly hard to try and find an original pair of trousers that will fit!!(Although I did get a fab blue trouser suit in the summer that did fit, VERY Katherine Hepburn!!:rolleyes: ) But seeing as I can't sew:cry: I will have to see if a can get it made by someone else!!
I have also seen another lovely pattern that I think has already been previously shown on here, and I have fallen in love with it!!!

That suit is fab, I also won a dress off the same seller last night!!
I have to say I love two piece summer suits like that, they can be dressed up and down with loads of different accessories, and I'm always looking for more suit!! Hehe!!

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
oh man! Such great finds! I've never bought anything vintage yet, but I have two vintage dresses and I've bid and lost some 40s patterns on ebay...You all have such GREAT finds!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I just got this one on ebay. I'm a leetle concerned about how much altering will be necessary, but if I'm lucky I should be able to get it to fit nicely and keep the stripes marching. I think it has the potential to be a real treasure and it was cheap enough to be worth a gamble. (I am such a sucker for the fabric. It's just like my old school uniform!) I am apprehensive about the moth holes, but I am pretty good at that kind of repair. (One of my summer jobs was re-weaving antique lace and fixing or stabilizing tiny holes in vintage clothes rented by a crazed designer who put them up in a very athletic musical. Poor little things.) (If the holes are really a problem this will just be a suit for photos, though that is really not nearly as much fun.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=8373321145

Man, I am giving myself a ton of sewing projects lately. ^_^
BV

decodoll

Practically Family
Crookshanks said:
That's gorgeous decodoll! Green's my favourite colour :)
Do you have a plan on what to make of it yet?

Thanks! :) I've some ideas running around my heard but nothing definite yet. I love green too! This should give me one more outfit to wear my 30's green heels with!

That's lovely, Betty. :) I think I prefer small holes in a garment over stains. I'm pretty good at darning, but my stain removing abilities are only so so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112