Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scarves ...

DNO

One Too Many
Typically, I'm going to be in Toronto in August on a Sunday and I bet all the thrift stores are closed on Sundays!

Thanks...lucky find, again. Toronto has, fortunately, progressed from it's puritanical "Toronto-the-Good" past. Pretty well everything is open on Sundays now, although in the thrift shop vein, all the Salvation Army shops are still closed.

'They' are predicting a warmer than normal summer this year. Considering the success of similar predictions in the past, this means it should be fairly cool. The same crowd predicted a warmer than normal winter and we had the coldest February on record!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
My latest - and already a favourite:
PI9WIec.jpg

-30-

A-List Customer
"Typically, I'm going to be in Toronto in August on a Sunday and I bet all the thrift stores are closed on Sundays! '
Two Types.

The St Lawrence Sunday Antique Market is open on, yes, every and all Sundays - 5:00 AM 'till 5:00 PM, it having now been relocated

into a large white block-long TENT, on The Esplanade at Jarvis, one block south of the larger St Lawrence Food Market.

Until the end of The Pan-Am Games, the latter will also be open 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM.

Regards,
J T

Last edited:

-30-

A-List Customer
"larger St Lawrence Food Market. Until the end of The Pan-Am Games, the latter will also be open 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM."

I don't know if it was my fault or not, but the Food/Grocery Market is open from 10:00 AM until 8:00 pm on Sunday until the end

of The Pan-Am Games, or so I was told by the Powers That Be; it continues to be shut every Monday as is the usual.

Sorry.

Regards,
J T

Last edited:

-30-

A-List Customer
"Everyone needs a paisley scarf in their life"
Two Types.

Did you make it to The St Lawrence Antique Show? Comments?

Regards,
J T

-30-

A-List Customer
"Won't be in Toronto till the end of August "
Two Types.

That's a good enough reason for me to delete my sarcastic post; it being My Bad and not yours.

Kind regards,
j t

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana