Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Here's the last of my new pairs. 1940's John McHale blue on blue spectators. I just got these, so I haven't had time to condition/clean them yet, I'm working on it now.

Pull out those laces, turn the shoes upside down and lightly pour some conditioner inside and rub it in the backside of that suede. Not too much just a light amount a few times over a day, will make that suede last another 100 years. Then as you know the suede brush will rid the surface of anything on it, polish the smooth leather, and toss them rascals on and take them for a joy ride!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Here's another new pair: 1940's Nunn Bush. They appear to have been tried on, but otherwise look deadstock.

Super nice and clean! Wow! If you apply any sole protectors on them, you will have to scuff up the bottoms to help make the protectors adhere enjoy to not just "pop" off while walking. You are hitting some real gem finds!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. This morning I am cleaning up a pair of Bostonian shoes. This is my first pair of Bstonians with the Flexmore Process.

i-SHrWGXw-M.jpg

i-Xn2NL2w-M.jpg

i-p49s7WJ-M.jpg

i-4gqLQRT-M.jpg

i-mRq2hnV-M.jpg

I gently wear my older shoes. I will visit my local cobbler to have a look at the heel and to apply sole protectors. After the above pics the shoes have been treated with Venetian and then Allen Edmonds shoe conditioner. A buff with a brush in-between removes any residue/particulates. The shoe leather is much more supple. Shoe trees remain in them tip the cobbler gets them in his hands.

Looking forward to some acorn/white shoe time. I am glad I can contribute to the gorgeous shoes in this long thread.

Best to all, Eric -

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Good morning. This morning I am cleaning up a pair of Bostonian shoes. This is my first pair of Bstonians with the Flexmore Process.

i-SHrWGXw-M.jpg

i-Xn2NL2w-M.jpg

i-p49s7WJ-M.jpg

i-4gqLQRT-M.jpg

i-mRq2hnV-M.jpg

I gently wear my older shoes. I will visit my local cobbler to have a look at the heel and to apply sole protectors. After the above pics the shoes have been treated with Venetian and then Allen Edmonds shoe conditioner. A buff with a brush in-between removes any residue/particulates. The shoe leather is much more supple. Shoe trees remain in them tip the cobbler gets them in his hands.

Looking forward to some acorn/white shoe time. I am glad I can contribute to the gorgeous shoes in this long thread.

Best to all, Eric -

Well now Sir, those rascals are super nice. They seem to appear to be made a bit heavier than some of the spectator shoes, which is a big plus for you, they should last a life time. You sure have been obtaining some killer shoes! Nice to match up with your super sweet hat and clothing combinations! You will love wearing those shoes! Thanks so much for showing us!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
LuvMyMan; Thanks Madame. I appreciate the "internet thumbs up."

I read the shoe threads and take note of the shoes that you and Daniel post up. If I missed saying it before-WOW! I used liberal amounts of shoe cream (Venetian and then Allen Edmonds) after listening to how you slather the stuff on and the results were fantastic. It works for me also. Cheers.

Best, Eric -

GHT

I'll Lock Up
LuvMyMan, question for you. Is it safe to use WD40 on shoes? On the reader's digest website there's a list of amazing uses for WD40. It states
Just spray WD-40 onto the stains and wipe with a clean rag. Your boots and shoes will look almost as good as new.
You see the blue and white spectators in the shoes suitcase? I managed to get an oil stain on the white leather. I'm loathe to rub it in case I make it worse.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
LuvMyMan, question for you. Is it safe to use WD40 on shoes? On the reader's digest website there's a list of amazing uses for WD40. It states
You see the blue and white spectators in the shoes suitcase? I managed to get an oil stain on the white leather. I'm loathe to rub it in case I make it worse.

No no oil like that, it would leave a bad stain behind. Soap (saddle soap) would be safer. (Unless it is suede) then use a suede shampoo. It you still have a problem let me know, I can always ship you some "spot remover" that will help you out.

Use saddle soap lightly on a not too wet clean white wash clothe. The wash clothe should be made wet with hot water and then wringe it out a bit then dab in saddle soap and LIGHTLY rub on your spot on the shoes. Then rinse the wash clothe and wipe the spot off and see what it looks like. You may have to do this a few times...take you time, and do it a few times to see how it looks. Wish I was close by, I'd just take them home and work on them for you....(sigh) but you are across the pond! Love ya anyway! HA!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Wish I was close by, I'd just take them home and work on them for you....(sigh) but you are across the pond! Love ya anyway! HA!
You are a star. The blue & white are both leather, thank goodness it wasn't on one of my suede shoes. I'll follow your advice, just tell me, would the use of a soft bristle toothbrush be too abrasive? Is it just a question of a gentle, but persistent cleaning?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You are a star. The blue & white are both leather, thank goodness it wasn't on one of my suede shoes. I'll follow your advice, just tell me, would the use of a soft bristle toothbrush be too abrasive? Is it just a question of a gentle, but persistent cleaning?
Be careful...I would just use the wash clothe. the tooth brush may damage the actual surface finish on the leather. Let me know it you need more suggestions or if you need me to send you some spot remover!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It worked, thank you for your advice, so glad I didn't use the WD40. Cleaned them with saddle soap, working the soap around and around the stain, until eventually, it finally disappeared. I'm so pleased, I've had these shoes for fifteen years and although I could bring the white up with a dab of whitener, but I just like the patina of the shoe. And, although they are reproduction new, they are an exact replica of a 1930's style, the worn look gives them that authentic look.
Thanks again kind lady.
2tone.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It worked, thank you for your advice, so glad I didn't use the WD40. Cleaned them with saddle soap, working the soap around and around the stain, until eventually, it finally disappeared. I'm so pleased, I've had these shoes for fifteen years and although I could bring the white up with a dab of whitener, but I just like the patina of the shoe. And, although they are reproduction new, they are an exact replica of a 1930's style, the worn look gives them that authentic look.
Thanks again kind lady.
View attachment 44156
Super! Good that everything worked for you! Let me know it there is anything else I can help you with! Behave out there! Hahaha!

cookie

I'll Lock Up

i-SHrWGXw-M.jpg

i-Xn2NL2w-M.jpg

i-p49s7WJ-M.jpg

i-4gqLQRT-M.jpg

i-mRq2hnV-M.jpg

Best to all, Eric -
7.5E fitting 1920/early 30s in remarkable shape. Heels are a deadset give away with the 8 holes. Normally that heel would be hard and shriveled. These obviously stayed in a box in a ventilated area.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Cookie; Thanks for taking look sir. Amy advise as to care? I do plan to wear them. Eric -
Black Magic brand clear silicone is made for rubber/vinyl trim on an automobile. It comes in a spray bottle. I would carefully apply some on the heels. Let it soak in. Apply that for a few days, will bring the rubber all the way up to where it should be, conditioned wise. Soak the inside and outside with condition. Do that also for a couple of days, then wipe off any excess. Then Polish!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ