Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
GRAND shoes!

Just Grand shoes! Can not wait to see them being worn. Wear them in pride.

Are you going to treat the "white bucks?" If so how?

I picked up a pair, very similar, a couple years ago and the leather is drying out. The soles soak up conditioner like parched animals in a desert.

Pics:
i-sF4bHW9-M.jpg

i-SZkFRcX-M.jpg

i-M7XXhpM-M.jpg

The shoes are at my cobblers waiting for me to decide what rubber heels to out on and if I wish to put a rubber sole protector on. My cobbler is patient as I consider options.

Thanks in advance. Best, Eric -

I Topyied all my spades to preserve the soles forever becasue they can't be resoled easily. I also put a small rubber heel top for safety.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Here's a new addition to my collection: deadstock A.S. Beck white bucks. They have a smudged date stamp inside, I think it says July 5, 1941. I haven't done anything to clean them up yet, so they are understandably a little dirty still.

Dang! those are as sharp as a razor! They remind me of "Star" brand ivory suede shoes, what a nice vintage find! Size????

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I Topyied all my spades to preserve the soles forever becasue they can't be resoled easily. I also put a small rubber heel top for safety.
Yep...spade soles are a real "bitch" to resole. Machines used for doing the soles can eat the side of the shoe when doing the welted area, so most of the time, they have to be hand sewn....trust me it is a pain to do the sewing on a spade sole.

Topy is the best protection. I do have some thinner self adhesive rubber and use Barge all purpose contact glue to help install, but the product is fairly thin and will not last much more than a year or two if you wear the shoes often. Topy can last a long time if you are careful and are not out kicking rocks around!

I tend to think Cookie has some of the sharpest spade soles shoes ever posted on the Lounge. Can we say, Alligator or was it Crocodile? Both????? haha!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
GRAND shoes!

Just Grand shoes! Can not wait to see them being worn. Wear them in pride.

Are you going to treat the "white bucks?" If so how?

I picked up a pair, very similar, a couple years ago and the leather is drying out. The soles soak up conditioner like parched animals in a desert.

Pics:
i-sF4bHW9-M.jpg

i-SZkFRcX-M.jpg

i-M7XXhpM-M.jpg

The shoes are at my cobblers waiting for me to decide what rubber heels to out on and if I wish to put a rubber sole protector on. My cobbler is patient as I consider options.

Thanks in advance. Best, Eric -
I would request if your cobbler has the "stock" piece to make it with, a complete rubber/nylon plate for the entire heel, if it can be fairly thin, 1/8th inch or about that...and then topy the sole. Heel plate protectors on the toe and heels. If you do that, your shoes will last a long time. You can still condition those shoes if you use a small amount on just the inside so you are getting some conditioner on only the "back side" of your suede. Too much will seep through to the outside and stain it. It does not take much to condition suede. However I would not allow anyone to remove those beautiful leather stacked heels on those shoes! Those are "shoe candy"....

GHT

I'll Lock Up
At a rather good all day swingtime jive event, yesterday, I ordered some new shoes from Colin Johnson. (look up Colin Johnson Shoes,) A pair of spectators, like this only the red will be much deeper, like Burgundy wine. I tried these on, made me look like Santa, they are a lovely shoe though.
brogues.jpg
They say that a lady can never have too many shoes, well I can give most women a good run for their money when it comes to owning shoes. A twenty percent discount for ordering two pairs, and free delivery too. These Gibsons look good, I have just the outfit to wear them with too.
Gibsons.jpg
Both pairs will be ready in about a month's time, I'll show you the finished product when they arrive, along with their matching outfits.

willyto

One Too Many
SsYJ8TJ.jpg

Left side: 1945 deadstock Grenson shoes with Broad Arrow ink stamps inside and engraving in the outsole. I was able to stretch them with the only help of the shoe trees, conditioner and a bit of stretching spray on the vamp. I was able to stretch the vamp since they didn't fit me and now I can fit on them now although with a bit big V shape on the lacing area, they're snug. THey will probably relax with time, same happened to me with another pair. Half canvas lined which I love!

Right side: G.M. Tebbutt of Northampton that came resoled. Have been also conditioned and stretched with shoe trees help only and a bit of spray. These fit super comfortable. They might need a new insole though and a few stitches have come undone but don't affect the construction of the shoe. I won't use the boot trees on these, only put them for the pic and easy of brushing, my shoe trees fit better on this boots to recover from creases.

Both pairs have been brushed a lot, then wiped clean with damp cloth and then brushed again until I used a thick coat of Cadillac conditioner, put the shoe trees on and left them there for a whole day before wiping off the excess and letting them dry an extra day. They might need a bit more now but they have soaked almost all the conditioner. Thanks to LuvMyMan for the recommendation of the conditioner, it works wonders!

The seller pictures of the Grenson:

eXlebK1.jpg

0Tdv9JE.jpg

1uUepwh.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
My oldest pair now are 1930s J&M Handgrades but they are showing their age.
"Sunglasses may work"? Hhaha! Hide the age....my oldest pair are not wearable dress boots. We tried to save them, the leather just crumbles, from 1900's...pity as they are NOS.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
SsYJ8TJ.jpg

Left side: 1945 deadstock Grenson shoes with Broad Arrow ink stamps inside and engraving in the outsole. I was able to stretch them with the only help of the shoe trees, conditioner and a bit of stretching spray on the vamp. I was able to stretch the vamp since they didn't fit me and now I can fit on them now although with a bit big V shape on the lacing area, they're snug. THey will probably relax with time, same happened to me with another pair. Half canvas lined which I love!

Right side: G.M. Tebbutt of Northampton that came resoled. Have been also conditioned and stretched with shoe trees help only and a bit of spray. These fit super comfortable. They might need a new insole though and a few stitches have come undone but don't affect the construction of the shoe. I won't use the boot trees on these, only put them for the pic and easy of brushing, my shoe trees fit better on this boots to recover from creases.

Both pairs have been brushed a lot, then wiped clean with damp cloth and then brushed again until I used a thick coat of Cadillac conditioner, put the shoe trees on and left them there for a whole day before wiping off the excess and letting them dry an extra day. They might need a bit more now but they have soaked almost all the conditioner. Thanks to LuvMyMan for the recommendation of the conditioner, it works wonders!

The seller pictures of the Grenson:

eXlebK1.jpg

0Tdv9JE.jpg

1uUepwh.jpg
Real nice. We have one handmade custom pair of Grensons..nice shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk